Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new back tire and chain put on today, the last back tire was a Avon gripster, got about 7k miles out of them, the front tire still looks really good, thought I'd get more out of the back, they quit making the gripsters so I went with the trailriders, these are a 90/10 tire, I put 12k miles on this bike in a yr so I need tires that last are more street because that's all this bike has seen, I'll let you know how they hold up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
-----------------, the last back tire was a Avon gripster, got about 7k miles out of them, the front tire still looks really good, thought I'd get more out of the back,---------,

I'll let you know how they hold up.
rodneyw71,
Running 28-32psi in 4 different Rear Avon Gripsters rewarded me with 8,290-11,025 miles per tire til bald or near bald in the center-line. (I think there was a compound change!)

2 different fronts achieved over 15,000 miles each. (Could have gone 'another' 1000 miles, of Dry Asphalt.)

I ride everything from 'The Great Red Desert' sand of Wyoming. To the Rocky Mountain "Rock-Pile" of Colorado/Wyoming, and all of the asphalt in-between.

Be sure to let us know how the 'Trail Riders' perform and hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Looks like a great tire.

I'm loving the 140/80 rear 705, but the K 270 up front HAS to go.
That thing is all over the place, and now has developed an out of round "bounce".
I'm a street rider too with only dirt and gravel roads anymore. Don't need a full
knob for off road steering any longer.

That looks like a great tread pattern for how I ride, too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I fell in love with the tread pattern, but the real test is seeing how they handle in the rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts