Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of us are getting together for a tech and ride weekend at our 60 acre spread in Arivaca. If you'd like to stay we have good camping and facilities.

See the klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1073270#post1073270

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'll be attending this year: Feb 20-21.

Riding out from San Diego on 2/19 with a couple other guys. Returning in 2/22.

Reactions: mkitchen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arivaca Outback March 15th-18th 2019

t's time to start thinking about the 2019 Arivaca Outback Here's the skinny:

Dual Sport Desert Days will again be joining us for this year.

Date: The weekend of March 15, 2019.
Notes: We are moving the date up to mid-March so it will be warmer for all those camping. The last two years have been pretty cold at night so since we are all getting older and wiser (maybe), we're changing that.

Location: My place - 18180 Arivaca/Sasabe Road, Arivaca AZ, 85601
Notes: This year we are going to base all operations here. Any vehicles like giant RVs that we cant handle are directed to the La Siesta Camp grounds where there are facilities that can handle them.

Accommodations: As above and several other places that will be listed on out web site.

Activities: Since this will be the tenth year we've done this, we'll stick to the formula that works: eat, drink, ride (not necessarily in that order.

Please refer to the Arivaca Outback page for the whole story.
You have to look this up since urls are not allowed here.

I've been on the road in the US, Canada, Portugal, since mid August and am writing this on a little tablet so there are bound to be mistakes which I hope you will graciously point out to me. I should be home in Arivaca Monday the 12th of November at which time I can look at this more carefully.

More Later,

-A

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking about the implications an sensibility of holding the Arivaca Outback in 2021. I was headed for the 2021 Isle of Man TT in June, but this amazing classic has been cancelled until...who knows when and if a classic like this is being sensible why shouldn't I cancel the AO?

Not really the same. I think we can do it safely.

Since this is an outdoor thing, and many, if not all of us will be vaccinated, I believe our exposure to the COVID-19 is less than going to a grocery store, but if you have ANY reservations about attending,... don't attend.

I will/am soliciting your input and ideas about how to hold the Tenth! (count 'um 10!), Arivaca Outback safely and responsibly. I'm also asking that you visit the updated (sorta) web page and tell me what horrible mistakes I need to correct.

See:Arivaca Outback

·
Registered
428 Posts
The AO is one of the absolute best annual rides. Hoping to make it this year.

(March 19 -22, 2021)

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Lordy, I wish I had the funds to travel! I'd join in, in a heart beat!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Reactions: pdwestman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts