Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Found my way over here from .net. Looks like a nice place.
Rode my bike to work today! Yipee :lol:

EDIT: forgot the intro....

Early 40's, have a 2003 model. Lots of mods, doo is done, engine otherwise stock.
Married, 2 kids in their teens, no pets att.
Just settling into a new house in Suffolk VA.
Career Coast Guard, 25+ years of service so far.
Major hobies, wrench'n, sight seeing - exploring.

TW

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Howzit Ethan!

Glad to see ya made it!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Well it's about time! We were getting ready to send out an SOS!

Howdy and how's things, Tumbleover?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Weed-man! How's life over on the right coast?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everyone,
Yep, made it and the bike did too.
Life is nice as a first time homeowner. Still settling into work and all but it's very nice to be done with the move.
Got parts on the way to recover from my little mishap in Petaluma, and now have a house to play with.
It's in really good shape, just needs a few touches to make it ours.

Looking forward to going for a nice ride this weekend, go introduce my bike to the Atlantic. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

TW

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
larryboy said:
hi ethan,glad to hear you're back on 2 wheels!!!!!
Hey Buddy!

Yeah I'm back, rode in today and was JUICED! really missed my little escape to and fro work.

100+ posts already? You been busy.

TW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice to hear someone in VA with a KLR!

I have been unsuccessful so far to hear anyone in VA. Hmm, I wonder if you commute to Norfolk for coast guard duty? I live SW of Richmond and It's very pretty especially in Fall and Spring. I hope you like Suffolk, Drive past it getting to Hatteras NC a lot. Also in-laws live near there, detour I do without. Stay safe and let me know if you'd like some travel ideas if I can help. ~Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
TW, Sorry to lose you to the "right coast", or is it the "wrong coast"? Good to hear you're settling in there, and thanks for all those years with the USCG. Stay in long enough, and they will transfer you here to Group Astoria. Big Coast Guard presence here with the Air Station and the Motor Lifeboat School and station in Ilwaco, Wa., just across the Columbia River from here. I ride with (or rather, try to keep up with) :oops: several "Coasties" from here on ocassion. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts