Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought a 2008 and the stock, left front and rear turn signals are snapped off at base of stem. Previous owner tried rubber glue but it's not holding. I've looked at a number of replacements and am a bit overwhelmed. I want something large enough to be noticed at night, sturdy enough to hold up to people knocking into it and fits well. Any input is appreciated!

1981 Suzuki GL650
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lots on eBay for under $10 bucks/pair...unless you want OEM...then a little more.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Hi, just bought a 2008 and the stock, left front and rear turn signals are snapped off at base of stem. Previous owner tried rubber glue but it's not holding. I've looked at a number of replacements and am a bit overwhelmed. I want something large enough to be noticed at night, sturdy enough to hold up to people knocking into it and fits well. Any input is appreciated!

1981 Suzuki GL650
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
Swing by a Kawi dealer and get them to run the VIN. There was a recall for faulty signals on the 08's (had mine replaced) and if your bike wasn't done the recall should still be valid.
I'm not terribly fond of those small low profile LED signal lights, a buddy had them and in direct sunlight you couldn't even see them. Probably better ones out there now though, this was a few years ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I looked for recalls on the Kawasaki website using my vin but didn't see any. I'll take your advice and check with the dealer too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts