Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were sitting in Ray's restraunt and bar in Seward Alaska and two guys walk in wearing dual sport clothing. The helmets match the leathers and the boots (and their typical BMW'r style) so I tell my wife that their undoubtedly riding BMW dual-sports. We walk outside and sure enough there's an 850 and 1200 completely decked out. My wife tells me how she's amazed that I can figure that out.

Later, I see a guy (who I noticed earlier was riding a black KLR-650) walk into a bakery with no riding clothes on other than some non-descript boots. I tell my wife "you can tell by his boots he's riding a KLR, he's in his late 30's so it's probably black." We walk outside and sure as heck, I'm right.

She thinks I'm pretty smart, I think I gotta get her to play strip poker with me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
:icon_worthless:This thread is useless without pics of the hot women.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank god you didn't ask for pics of the BMW dudes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Most riders are pretty easy to stereotype by what they're wearing, but on the odd occasion you can be surprised! This happened on monday night when I freed the KLR from it's previous owner and gave it a more deserving home, haha! I've just moved away from sportsbikes, had a 3hr trip on an unfamiliar bike on wet roads with waxy new D606's, so it was "safety first"!

So on the way home I had to stop for fuel, went in to pay, and the lady behind the counter wasn't picking up what I was putting down...much to my amusement!! I asked to pay for pump #1 and she threw me a very confused look. Once again I asked to pay for pump #1 and she says "but that's not your bike". *sigh* Again I asked to pay for pump #1, and she still threw me another confused/stupid look. So I ask why I cannot pay for pump #1, and she replies "you're not on a sportsbike and mustn't have looked at the pump number properly". I had to explain the situation, but what was I expecting when wearing this?!?! :t1202:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not stereotyping if there's only one of you, that's monotyping. I know, I used to be monotyped all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts