Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Never fear. We will go even if no one else shows up.

Gene had better be there though, or we won't know where to go once we get there. :roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
im sure a lot will show up no mater what.
its been planed way to long for a little thing like a forum going down to cancel and not show up.

i enjoyed reading the forums at Glenn's site and hope he gets it worked out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im going to be reveling a new look for my KLR also.

the nice and clean look.

it came down with the slightly pinkish look so i went and got some orange glow and its all nice and shiny red now.

i did learn a few things.
orange glow on the break disks/pads is not a good idea.
Orange Glow is not a glass cleaner and don't work on mirrors.
Orange glow might make your tires look good but they are slippery for the first few miles of riding afterwards.

i was itcheing to find a mud hole and dirty it up but ill wait till Tdp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
TdP is

ON!

I'll be there with Max
Thursday evening so please be quiet as you arrive at the campground Friday.
Your consideration will be much appreciated.

Oh... Phil says to please use the bridge to enter and exit the campground. Thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
45 Posts
GreenGene said:
TdP is

ON!

I'll be there with Max
Thursday evening so please be quiet as you arrive at the campground Friday.
Your consideration will be much appreciated.

Oh... Phil says to please use the bridge to enter and exit the campground. Thanks. :wink:
what no river crossings? now how are we supposed to wash our KLR's ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
GreenGene said:

Sooo, since he doesn't want us off in the creek, can we wheelie over the bridge? Or better yet, jump the creek without using the bridge? :shock:

Just askin. :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just because it's 13 and a wake up until I saddle up and head north to come and visit - not a problem what-so-ever. Of course, I'll probably be so dang excited, I'll be up by about 4 AM and itching to get on the road.

"TdP" is the fall ride, "TdT" the spring ride and "TdA" is the winter ride in Florida that I am loving so much!

GreenGene, do y'all have any seafood buffets up near there?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not many, Marty. The best one I know of is a couple miles north of Asheville. That'd be about 45min. from the campground.
There's also a place on 276 near Brevard called the Pisgah Fish Camp. It's good but it's not buffet.
Closest seafood buffet to the campground is a Chinese joint called New Happy Garden. :? Yeah, I know, but supposedly they run a seafood buffet on weekends. I haven't eaten there yet so....

·
Registered
45 Posts
at least we know where to eat at now :D

i ran in to a problem ordering stuff from Fred at arowheadmotorsports.
i have no idea if the bark busters he has will fit the after market bars i have.
he is a great guy to deal with the problem is not on his end its me.

i have 4 wheeler bars on my klr they are 1 inch taller and 1 inch narrower than stock the bend is really close to stock.
if any one has some older bark busters can you bring one, just so i can see if the bend is right ? i don't want to go back to the stock bars if i can help it.

ok now back to food.
the camp ground has breakfast and dinner but where are we gong to find lunch? is it going to be bring a snack or are some of the rides going to plan a lunch stop. if any ride is stopping for lunch i know what one im going on.

ill bring some drinks and bottled water just in case some one forgets to bring something to drink on the rides. small 8 oz bottled water so they fit in tank bags and places like that.

now that i think about it ill bring extra ear plugs, glass cleaners and bottled water.
i know most are riding up so are going to be limited on what they can carry so ill try to bring extra of what i can.
i may even bring some of the cheapest bourbon i can find lol and horde the good stuff for my self. :twisted:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good thinkin' there, Mangy!

All I'm saying about lunch is I'm packing what I need on the bike. There will be a gas-up/convenience-store stop on the way out where we can pick up something. I figure it this way... Phil and Leslie are gonna feed us a real good breakfast
so some snacks or a sandwich oughta keep me going 'til supper. Besides... where we're goin', there ain't no restaurants. Shucks... we'll be so far back in the boonies you won't get the Grand Ole Opry 'til Tuesday night!

·
Registered
226 Posts
GreenGene said:
Shucks... we'll be so far back in the boonies you won't get the Grand Ole Opry 'til Tuesday night!
Or, if the sunshine pump goes out it will be dark, don't ya just love it. All I ask Gene is where ever you take us I don't want to hear ANY banjo music coming from the hills. Poor Ned Beatty. :shock:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm bring some extra .45 rounds for the banjo players, some extra earplugs in case someone ends up behind me, and a sharp knife to make tree limbs into splints ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts