Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she is an 07 with 139 miles i just changed the oil and the valve is ticking i dont think it did it before the oil change, is there an special way the oil filter goes in and what about that metal sleeve what the hell did i do. thanks boy

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Are you sure it's a valve? There are four of them on the top of the engine under the gas tank. The fliter can go in either way, but the tube only fits one way, and I don't think the filter cover will go on, if the tube is backwards. Also did you adjust the doohickey with your oil change? This is the time to do that. There is also an old saying, "Slappy valves are happy valves". When you can't hear the valved clicking a little bit they are gettting too tight and will need adjusting soon. There is nothing I can think of that would cause a clicking just by changing the oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe it or not i took out some of the oil i might of had it a little to high and the ticking has sudsided crazy i know. as soon as she hits 500 as much as i dont what to i may bring it in to get her service until then happy miles with my new toy thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts