Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Very strong magnetic oil plug

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Blockade 
#1 ·
I bought this oil plug directly from a guy who manufactures them for several different bikes. He uses "rare earth" magnets which are some of the strongest magnets (as I have learned). These plugs are different then most of the other oil plugs I've seen in that the magnet is housed inside the actual plug and not off the tip.
When I asked him why there was a hole through the nut (head), he told me it was for tying off the plug for track racing. Aparently you have to secure the oil plug with wire or something if you are going to take your bike on a track.

He was very responsive and service oriented which is great for guys like me who can't wait for anything.

Check it out at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1&item=130309334264&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Enjoy!!

#3 ·
Damn good point Paper. I didn't even think of that. And I should have.

#5 ·
Yeah, me too...that's why I should have known. Use rare earth magnets on the fridge. Watching my wife take them off is fun. :23a:

I keep four on my gas tank to hold directions/toll, etc. You can see them in the 'farkley' post I just put up.

Thanks for the link. :)

#6 ·
Good to know paper.
I guess that's why you can eventually replace just the magnet if necessary. It looks like a standard size and I'm sure you can find them pretty easily if you had to.
Anyway, I'm happy to report that the plug is doing it's job and pulling crazy amounts of filings out of my engine. I never realized there was that much junk washing around in there.
Just curious, what do you use to pull those tiny little metal pieces of joy out of your bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.