Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being a prepper or anything but I decided it might be a good idea to buy a bunch of canned goods to have at the house. If this virus comes here in a major way, I don't want to have to go our to get soup.If it doesn't effect us here, I'll have soup for a while LOL! Anybody else doing anything?

·
Administrator
8,282 Posts
We've laid in soups, tuna, frozen hamburger and ham, peanut butter, coffee, toilet paper, paper towels, 70% isopropyl alcohol, disinfecting wipes, English muffins, water, and I don't know what all else. We're set to quarantine in place for at least a month. We still have ~30 jars of kumquat marmalade from last year's crop. We've got an extra 10 pounds of sugar just for the next batch, should it ripen while quarantine is in effect.

I'm ordering some extra yardage of Cordura so I have something to play with if I need it.

I think we're set.

Reactions: samuel and Vgraf

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we've laid in soups, tuna, frozen hamburger and ham, peanut butter, coffee, toilet paper, paper towels, 70% isopropyl alcohol, disinfecting wipes, english muffins, water, and i don't know what all else. We're set to quarantine in place for at least a month. We still have ~30 jars of kumquat marmalade from last year's crop. We've got an extra 10 pounds of sugar just for the next batch, should it ripen while quarantine is in effect.

I'm ordering some extra yardage of cordura so i have something to play with if i need it.

I think we're set.
toilet paper!!! I forgot!!! That would be a mess!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got some groceries, some peanut butter, to last a couple of days. But, I ain't got no speakers, ain't got no headphones, ain't got no records to play.
I like a little pink floyd through the headphones, in the massage chair, lights out in the dark. Takes you to another place and time.
:smile2:

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I’ve got about 10 dozen home brews bottled and ready to consume. Another 19 litres in a carboy and 3 beer kits to make should I run low. Along with about 5 dozen bottles of wine for the Mrs.
That should get us through any quarantine.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Yes, Toilet paper too. Never seen before, but Costco was out of the Kirkland brand of toilet paper today. Instead, there were a bunch of guys standing there scratching their beards having to choose from what was left.

Ok, so besides Shinkos, I did stock up on our normal staples just in case, and make sure we are not low on commonly needed medications. Not enough to stay in place for weeks. We have 4-5 hungry mouths to feed if the shit were to hit the fan.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Walmart shelves are getting empty on some items. Bottled water is gone. Tylenol, Aspirin, Motrin are all gone.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was on call for the electric company during the Y2K, thing and it was a freekshow. ( back in 1999) I was sitting around with 4 guys having a beverage and we were talking about it. Myself and another guy did some prepping, the other 2 laughing, said we will just go to your place if needed, The one dude sais, come on over, but at that point( your) food. The look on their faces was priceless.

If I get it I get it, as im healthy ( I think), it will just suck for a wile till my body fixes its self. Its just me and I full time travel, and usually have a months worth of food to pick from. Today will be bbq split chic brst with twice baked potato and corn off the cob I canned from my friends garden last fall.
I have a mason jar of Texas watermelon flavored 95 proof moonshine, I think might help with the virus.

I learned this from a federal meat inspector. The (I think its 91 or 92%) rubbing alcohol, mixed 50/50 with water and put in a spray bottle will kill 100% germs. Spray it and you don't even half to wipe it off. A little homemade hand bottle to take with ya, and you know your killing anything on your hands and face.
Second thing I learned from him, is 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 8 ounces water, will kill ecoli in your stomach, and neutralize acid reflex on the spot. It sucks going down but works.
Ya all have a great day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I live in a small seasonal tourist town on Long island in NY. All the rich @$$holes from NYC came out to stay in their summer houses and cleaned out our small grocery stores which are now closed so there's nothing left for the local people.... I've got a dozen eggs, some boloney, a bag of quinoa, and four large bottles of water. Looks ill be losing some weight!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
A friend of mine that is Asian told me the average Canadian male eats as much as a family of three in Asia.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went early to the store the other day, I did see some TP and some paper towels, no isolpopal, no vitamin C. I just went for stuff to make meatloaf and lasagna, found it all no problems, and got 5, 30 packs of beer flavored germ killer for the throat.. Now I'm stocked up on meatloaf and lasagna.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
.............All the rich @$$holes from NYC came out to stay in their summer houses and cleaned out our small grocery stores................
If they brought their pets along, you still have a food source if you need it.

·
Administrator
8,282 Posts
If you have no toilet paper just find a cat. They are soft, absorbent, warm, and self-cleaning for the next use.

Reactions: Weav and MTKKLR
1 - 20 of 83 Posts