Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an expandable bag on the rear of the seat. Depending on the contents it can be increased in height to handle tall items with the tie down straps. I use a HiViz jacket and with the BLACK bag it interferes with me being seen with the jacket. I was thinking about buying a cheap HiViz traffic vest and trying to wrap it around the bag on the back. I thought of reflective tape but know it won't stick to the bag material.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to regain the visibility I had with the jacket alone?? Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
h ttp://reflective-stripes.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

Something like these fabric strips sewn into the back of your bag might work.

dave

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
another thing that might work is reflective patches. If you do an internet search for "reflective patch" all sorts of cool stuff pops up. You could glue them or sew them on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You could try contacting Aerostich and see if they have any of their Hi-Viz material available in swatches, or possibly some reminants that you could sew or use a fabric adhesive to attach to your bag, or look into some of the reflective options here:

http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/visibility-protection/visibility-and-reflective

For improved visibility to traffic approaching from your 6 o'clock, there are brake light flashers and turn signal flashers available from kris motorcycle product. www.kris.com

I'm not knocking trying to stay as visible as possible, I use as much as I can myself, but I do hope that you are not getting a false sense of security out of this stuff.

You could be wearing flaming chartruse with sparklers and flashing lights, and the cager who runs you over or cuts you off will still say "I didn't see him".

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have an expandable bag on the rear of the seat. Depending on the contents it can be increased in height to handle tall items with the tie down straps. I use a HiViz jacket and with the BLACK bag it interferes with me being seen with the jacket. I was thinking about buying a cheap HiViz traffic vest and trying to wrap it around the bag on the back. I thought of reflective tape but know it won't stick to the bag material.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to regain the visibility I had with the jacket alone?? Thanks.

What color is your helmet? That's what I notice first. Solid white or Hi-Viz is optimal.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I have some sew on reflective fabric strips that are black but reflect white. Don't remember where I got them. A bicycle shop would have all kinds of stuff.

Spec is right about the helmet, though.

I have reflective tape all over my bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Some military guys just wrap a hi-vis reflective "PT" belt around their back pack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts