Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what has happened. I conferred with Dave, (DPelletier).
In the SIX and a Half years that I have been actively reading / conversing on Any klr forum this is the Quietest Spring that I can remember!!!

I'll admit that here in Lander WY, on my end of town it feels like "someone Rolled-Up the sidewalk". Kind of to be expected, with oil, gas and now coal 'lay-offs'.

But "whats UP", with the rest of our country and our Canadian brothers??

I'll let Dave or someone else ask the same question over on .net and ADV Rider.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Up in my neck of the woods we've had a very mild winter which has resulted in an early spring. Hopefully the quietness is because everyone is out riding and taking pictures to share with us. Today wasn't great here, certainly not riding weather, but we needed the rain as the fire situation is already getting out of control in some areas and I want my grass to green up so I can use my new lawnmower.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But where are the rest of the 300,000 KLR riders? And 'what' are they doing??
Very Slow month/year. In my opinion.
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Riding to church in the morning. Nite temp upper 40's going to 74 today.

I know the chrome barges aren't out yet. Here in the Great Lakes states the
season is just breaking wide open. In town here both KLR's the DR 350, and
DRZ 400 pilots have all been busy for a month. On the nice days the roads have
filled up with everyone then they duck n' cover below 65 degrees. LOL

The road at the end of mine is a designated "county touring route" and the rockets
n' cruisers have been out here and there, some with last years plates. Just got my
exp 12/16 sticker. Oooops. I do love the heavy bike traffic up here in non incorporated
middle of nowhere farm/wooded/hilly area 6 miles from the shore. Me n' the knucklehead
at the end of the road on the DRZ have been out in the snow a few times.

Let's bundle up, fire up, and post our experiences,
Cheap

·
Registered
241 Posts
Around southern Colorado I have seen many, many R's (dr, xr, klr's) running around over the years, I get a KLR and the others are like... gone....

I have notice and others are saying there is just a uneasy feeling these days... everyone just seems "pissed-off"... Maybe it's all the bad blood in politics these days...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Weather has been hit or miss here lately. Last week was absolutely beautiful and riding would have been great except for the Flu/severe cold I managed to catch. :banghead:

The last couple days have been nice but I have spent my time trying to buy a new vehicle and horse trading with several car dealers. I must have passed several hundred bikes Sunday in my 100 miles travelled.

Tomorrow I can probably ride most of the day except it is suppose to rain !

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Lots of cruisers out and about, not so much the last few days cause the weather has been crappy.

Haven't even had mine out other than up and down the alley once.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rode to Flagstaff and back this last weekend! Nice ride from Jerome to Prescott and southwest over the hill from Prescott.:character00201:

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rode to Flagstaff and back this last weekend! Nice ride from Jerome to Prescott and southwest over the hill from Prescott.:character00201:
ThumperBob,
How many other bikers were out and about?
Too Many to Count? Or so few that you felt 'home alone'?

·
Registered
73 Posts
ThumperBob,
How many other bikers were out and about?
Too Many to Count? Or so few that you felt 'home alone'?
Not many other riders out. Thought I'd see a lot more. I don't know what's going on. This is a great time to ride. Well, anytime is a great time to ride!

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not many other riders out. Thought I'd see a lot more. I don't know what's going on. This is a great time to ride. Well, anytime is a great time to ride!
Man O' Man, where has everybody GONE?

Have any of you looked at the posting times in the 'Recent Discussions' this evening?

2016 Africa Twin, 7:23pm.
SHTF, 12:48pm.
Hitch Hauling, 12:15pm.
Looking for some tire, 12:03pm.
Cam Advance MC Mod, 7:18 PM YESTERDAY!!!!!!

Where has everybody GONE? klr650.net is not much busier for its member size!

Regrettably, Main Street of Lander Wyoming seems to show the same Down-turn of things!

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Does seem pretty quiet! Postings usually do slow down in the summer months, guessing that's maybe due to folks out riding or on holidays?

That being said though, this does seem like a quieter year than usual. I used to see quite a few KLR's on the highway on my commute back and forth to work, but now I only see cruisers and I meet some guy every day on a GS. Only bikes I really notice around town are pretty much all Hardleys, and that's only because they all got "safety pipes" on em!

Ride em if you got em! :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is by far the slowest forum I've ever been on. I like it, just slow. I look at active topics and at times they're all 6-12 hours ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Everyone is watching all the great news on the election!

NOT!!!

I am riding almost every day. It is getting hot now, so usually ride early morning. KLR is running great.
Stop watching that boobtube and get out and ride or at least post something on here. Ha ha.

This is ThumperBob.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the a 'Party'? Thumperbob2.
With that being your first post, surely you have got an odd mechanical issue or noise that we need/desire to help you fix! We have gotten fairly good at interpreting the meaning and intent of written descriptions of problems.

Please post 'a-plenty', supposed to have like 15 postings to post a pic or video, but some people are smarter than a computer!!

We like a challenge. And again, WELCOME to the party.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the a 'Party'? Thumperbob2.
With that being your first post, surely you have got an odd mechanical issue or noise that we need/desire to help you fix! We have gotten fairly good at interpreting the meaning and intent of written descriptions of problems.

Please post 'a-plenty', supposed to have like 15 postings to post a pic or video, but some people are smarter than a computer!!

We like a challenge. And again, WELCOME to the party.
Thumperbob2 was my temp. ID. I had problems logging in. All ok now. Back to my ThumperBob name. Ha ha.
Thanks to all that helped!

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thumperbob2 was my temp. ID. I had problems logging in. All ok now. Back to my ThumperBob name. Ha ha.
Thanks to all that helped!
Great to hear / read that you got your name and post count back!
Now Get OUT There and find us some NEWS! Please. ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts