Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a wal-mart bike cover for my KLR650. It is stored in the garage, but I think I will cover it too. Right now, I just have a painters tarp on it which works well. I was considering a bike cover too

I was looking for a cover that would go down and cover the majority of the wheels too (so that people can not see it - since there is no garage door).
Is the large big enough? or should I go with an x-large?

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I don't think the large would cover the wheels all the way to the ground. You'll possibly get more length in the XL too. May be a problem if the wind can catch it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the large would cover the wheels all the way to the ground. You'll possibly get more length in the XL too. May be a problem if the wind can catch it.

Thank you. Didn't think about the wind much. Because the main time I put the cover on is when it's in the shed/garage. So, maybe I should go with a large.
Anyone have any idea on what the large covers?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Funny timing. I just ordered a nice Nelson Riggs cover from new enough for $40. Only throwing that out there cause I was expecting a much bigger hit.

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
Don't know what they have at Walmart, but I bought a Coverite that was XL. It fits well, going all the way to the ground. It has a pair of grommets, one on each side down by the ground. A bungee through them keeps it from flying away (so far).

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have XL and L covers. The XL covers bikes like my Wing very well.. I use XL on my other bikes because they all have saddlebags, but they drag on the ground a bit because there's not a big windshield to cover on the front.

If you have a regular windshield on a KLR, with no bags, I'd think the Large would work fine.

And check around for deals.. My Bike Bandit covers were $15 when on sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One thing I learned about the wind (another brand) is that with the cover on,the bike is less likely to blow over on the side stand than on the center stand.Probably common knowledge here.

Thank you. Didn't think about the wind much. Because the main time I put the cover on is when it's in the shed/garage. So, maybe I should go with a large.
Anyone have any idea on what the large covers?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am looking at getting a wal-mart bike cover for my KLR650. It is stored in the garage, but I think I will cover it too. Right now, I just have a painters tarp on it which works well. I was considering a bike cover too

I was looking for a cover that would go down and cover the majority of the wheels too (so that people can not see it - since there is no garage door).
Is the large big enough? or should I go with an x-large?

Don't cover her, she gets depressed; just ride her more :22a:

Sounds like X/L might be the way to go, to accomodate for some panniers, just in case.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got the Wall Mart cover and it works very well,it fits my KLR with 42Lt. GIVI harrd bags and covers the tires... Great buy for the money....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts