Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets discuss! was told that upgrade to the bore (685 kit) is a waste of time since its will only add to the top speed and a little bit of throttle.
lets hear what KLR VETERNS have to say.

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
The quickest way to add more oomph, and probably cheaper in the long run, is to switch some letters. KLR --------KTM.

·
Administrator
9,303 Posts
Probably doing the "L-mod" which consists of drilling a handful of 1" holes in the top of the airbox. Be careful not to accidentally drill into the clean-air side. There was a moron on this forum who drilled into the clean-air side and had to come up with a way to fix it. He shall remain nameless but will be known as "me".

You could also poke holes in the airbox door, but that is not too popular because it is noisy. That same moron did that, too, and thinks it sounds kinda cool. His neighbors, perhaps not so much.

The L-mod won't make the filter vulnerable to the elements because it is under the seat. Even the airbox door is behind the side panel and you only drill the upper section.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Probably doing the "L-mod" which consists of drilling a handful of 1" holes in the top of the airbox. Be careful not to accidentally drill into the clean-air side. There was a moron on this forum who drilled into the clean-air side and had to come up with a way to fix it. He shall remain nameless but will be known as "me".

You could also poke holes in the airbox door, but that is not too popular because it is noisy. That same moron did that, too, and thinks it sounds kinda cool. His neighbors, perhaps not so much.

The L-mod won't make the filter vulnerable to the elements because it is under the seat. Even the airbox door is behind the side panel and you only drill the upper section.
Yeah I did the Capital L mod myself. Little Sheetmetal and JB weld fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts