Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you order a bike shipped by Forward Air take tools with you to cut the cardboard off and disassemble the framework around the Bike.I picked up a Bike shipped into Kent, WA. and they loaded it with their fork lifts, I signed that I received it and drove the 11/2 hours home. When I got home and started tearing the cardboard off it was obvious they had smashed the framework down on the Bike and rebuilt the cardboard box

I stopped and started taking pictures of this while still in the box and crate.
We contacted Forward Air and in a week or so they sent out a guy to take pictures of the damage.Aprox.$500 damage to fairings.
Long story short they denied the claim because I signed to pick up the crate and where you have to sign it it says you picked up the shipment in good condition.
So tell everyone you know that is considering having a bike shipped to either avoid Forward Air or take tools with you to dis-assemble the carton and shipping crate right at their warehouse.
I plan on posting this on every Motorcycle site I can find on the internet.

Please feel free to copy and paste this into every internet board you know

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you're willing, I'd like to know the details. If they rebuilt the crate to conceal the damage and didn't disclose it, they most likely committed several actual crimes.

I stay away from internet and coffeeshop lawyers, but I'd think you had a real big club with which to negotiate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts