Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a PSA for you guys running large side boxes..

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I'm thinking it's a stunt but I suppose it could happen if you are into riding on the docks:

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
The story is that he's a motorcycle magazine journalist who was taking the bike for a spin as an assignment and was being filmed as a part of the assignment.

Hooked his bag on the bollard and over he went.

Hell of a way to treat an FJR.

T

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Seen that before. Man, I see people splitting lanes with hard luggage and sometimes it is CLOSE. I like soft saddle bags. For the city. Or, ****ing docks, I guess. :confused:

How many times you think that guy has watched that vid.

·
Registered
452 Posts
after riding big adv bikes im not a fan of hard bags on the rough roads or trails .. ive tried to run over my legs too many times trying to walk bike thru a tight spot or soft sand/mud ...

I have large set of touratech bags that are just huge ...I switched to my wolfman soft bags and I wont go back ..

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
This is a neat sequence.

I like the way he rides it right into the ground, but was lucky he got off and away when he did.

Glad he didn't lose his piece, too.

T

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Good thing it didn't go off, too. :32a:

·
Registered
452 Posts
yard sale .. ive seen a few of these just the short time here in Colorado .. always sucks when you run out of rubber ...

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I did this tip over I had a hard time getting the bike up by myself because it was fully loaded, and also because the rear wheel was so far off the ground I could not get the wheel to get a grip to lift it up. Might have been partly because the ground was so loose. The bike would just slide every time I tried to lift it.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Wonder why there often seems to be a pile of clothes beside a sleeping Dualsport??!!
Regards....justjeff:canada-flag-14:

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wonder why there often seems to be a pile of clothes beside a sleeping Dualsport??!!
Regards....justjeff:canada-flag-14:
it were hot..

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
When I did this tip over I had a hard time getting the bike up by myself because it was fully loaded, and also because the rear wheel was so far off the ground I could not get the wheel to get a grip to lift it up. Might have been partly because the ground was so loose. The bike would just slide every time I tried to lift it.

I can see how that would be very hard to get back upright. Kind of like this: Great picture, by the way!

·
Registered
14 Posts
How'd you overcome the weight and lack of friction on the rear tire? Unload the bike? This is one concern with traveling alone, especially after a rough tiring section.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts