Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Has anyone ever wrenched to hard and broke the water sending unit next to the spark plug on a 2007 klr :46:. I did and left half of the unit in the hole. My question is how intense is the job on getting the head off and monkeying around with all the innards, is it worth my while full-time college student and full time worker? Believe me some folks say their super-newb, no, right here. Please help if ya can.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
If you've got the time and ability then it certainly is worth your while. Better to pay yourself than the dealer to do it.

If you don't have the tools or knowledge best take it in. Could get worse if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hello, Has anyone ever wrenched to hard and broke the water sending unit next to the spark plug on a 2007 klr :46:. I did and left half of the unit in the hole. My question is how intense is the job on getting the head off and monkeying around with all the innards, is it worth my while full-time college student and full time worker? Believe me some folks say their super-newb, no, right here. Please help if ya can.

It's threaded can you turn whats left in there? Get a punch or something that won't skip out and tap it with a hammer to turn it. May need some PB Blaster if it's corroded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts