Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ladies and gentleman is a guy by the name of Justin Porter, he posted this picture on a klr650 parts swap facebook page. he got rear ended sitting at a stop light while waiting to turn by a 89 firebird doing 75mph. he was not wearing a helmet.
this is what 32 staples in your head looks like. he is lucky he didnt die! he was NOT wearing a helmet. so wear yours.

:Quit complaining:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Holy Crap! I always wear a full face helmet. Because of that. Wow. Amazing he's alive.

Reactions: DeltaWolf

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Yup, that was a nasty crash! I've been following his updates on Facebook as well, thankfully he seems to be doing well and has a positive attitude. I see he's even rebuilding his KLR, that's dedication! Gotta have eyes in the back of your head to ride on the roads these days.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
Well I just lost my breakfast. I always wear the gear because I hate the sight of blood, especially mine.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Keep you're eye's on your six when your at a stop light.

Glad he's going to be okay.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Good to see why, at the young age of 60, I wear ATGATT. Seriously, I've been in accidents that would have been fatal without the gear! It's nice to still be around to ride, love, and be loved!

·
Registered
489 Posts
75 mph? at a light? I can't think of anywhere that has that kind of speed at a light. I hope the douche driving the Firebird got hammered to the fullest extent. Amazing to survive that. I made a deal with my kids when I first got my KLR that I would always wear a helmet, so far so good. Thanks for putting up the reminder, Scrapper.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I had a woman roll into me at a stop. Wasn't a big deal although it was weird. She kind of hit me from the side. Long story I think I've told before.

But yeah. Good call, Cabrito. Easy thing to get lazy about.

·
Registered
19 Posts
last year they passed the no-helmet law here,,I laughed,,and thought,,Ill NEVER EVER ride with out a helmet,,and theres a million+1 reasons why

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I wore seatbelts and helmets long before they brought in laws telling me I had to, I'm sure not gonna stop now!! Your skull is an eggshell and the egg don't grow back!
jj

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is my biggest fear and never feel safe until 2-3 cars are stopped behind me. Any suggestions on preventing this type of accident? Not sure we can do much other than try to keep an eye out. He might have survived because he was relaxed and didn't see it coming and a little help from above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts