Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,359 Posts
I'd like to ride one, too.

Gov. Moonbeam proposed a high-speed rail project back in the '80s. It is becoming a reality insofar as great amounts of money have been approved for the construction and are currently being expended on various frauds, wastes, and abuses.

They want to have it completed instages, ranging from 5 years to 15 years. Translated, that means that 15 years from now they will have a fast train on one section of track that are shared with freighters and all of the money will have been spent.

Of course, it's not really high-speed rail, as the speeds will be substantially less than 200mph/330kmh. But, if you can wait, you can come on out for a ride on California's HSR.

Let's call it the "Brown Jewel" (and let your imagination run with that for a while).

T

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is becoming a reality insofar as great amounts of money have been approved for the construction and are currently being expended on various frauds, wastes, and abuses.
that is what governments do best :46:

that would be an awesome ride, made me jump when they passed the other train though

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently the Shanghai Maglev, while quite impressive, isn't all that monetarily feasible. It doesn't operate at anywhere near max capacity and is losing a lot of money every day. It seems to be mostly a tourist draw and "show-off project" for lack of a better term.

Still, cool that the thing doesn't even touch the "tracks" and the propulsion comes from the tracks themselves.

Sorry Tom: while I appreciate the offer, nothing less than 267mph will do.

·
Administrator
8,359 Posts
I think the closest you'll come to that, then, is to fetch up a Hayaboosta.

T

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Wow! Too fast for me. :bike:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts