Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know nothing about this stuff, I mean nothing. I needed some off road boots for DS rideing so I got a pair of Berik's. Now let me ask ya this. How are these things supposed to be warn? Do you get socks that come up past the top of the boot or do you tuck your pants into the boot? Or do you wear the tops of the boot against you bare leg?

thanks for the help

Gary

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok thanks. I realize how dumb the question sounded but I really didn't know. Only problem is I can't get me jeans over the boots. Well I can but it's pretty tough.

What kinda pants do you wear? Where did you get them. I always where jeans but it may be to tight.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I prefer Military BDU's that I get at the local Army/Navy store. They are tough, comfortable, and a ton of large pockets. I am able to wear knee/shin guards under them with no trouble at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, do you get the socks at the A/N too?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can do that. LOL thanks

Sorry for all the questions but what knee shin pad are you usein? Gotta get them too.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I picked them up at the local Honda dealer of all places, LOL.. I think the set was about $18. They're good for keeping rocks from being kicked up onto your shins by your buddy as he roosts you when he guns it. Grrrr. LOL

·
Registered
704 Posts
Carharrt heavy canvas jeans or 5.11 canvas (currently some on sale at LAPolicegear dot com). I really like the 5.11's. Next best thing to kevlar.

I've had a couple of pair of Cabelas kevlar jeans for years (no longer available) that I use for chainsaw, weedeater work, etc. They're pretty large and baggy to ride in.

here's a link to the 5.11's http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapaorcl.html

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I do like that website Bigiron...Lots of kewl things there... :) I have to go the route of the BDU's because I can't find anyone making good heavy armored pants and or jackets in my size. One day I'll either shrink down to you lil boys sizes or someone will figure out there are more of us big boys riding now than there used to be... :) and make something to fit us.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The up-side is , you don't have to add any padding.

Like the old blues song, "She's built for comfort, she ain't built for speed..."

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the website, those pants aren't a bad deal, just ordered a pair we'll see how they work. Lots of other good stuff on there too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigIron

Hey gettin ready to get three pair of these pants but have to ask ya. Will they fit over off road rideing boots? I'm talkin the motocross style boot. I know you said they were a bit large and baggy. But I want to be able to pull them down over my boots. One other thing do you wear these over your normal pants(in my case jeans) or use them as your pants?

thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
No - just as regular pants and they should fit OK over boots. I ride in regular RedWing work boots and no prob. They have sturdy belt loops and also some elastic in the waist, which I normally avoid, but these are OK.

I've got another pair on the way and another for my trophy wife.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks I'll send in the order. Hey do they shrink much after ya wash them?

Yeah my boot cut Lee's just get over the boots. Ya gotta work em down it's kinda a pain but it's better than gettin burnt for sure.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks I ordered three pair. If they are only a bit wider than my jeans they sould fix fine over the boot.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Last summer I picked up a pair or Arborwear canvas pants from Aerostich. They're made of Carharrt-like material, double-layered from bottom of knee to mid-thigh. I also opted for the hard-shell TF3 knee armor. I think these will last dang near forever and they're really comfy. I'm guessing they'd fit over MX boots, even though I haven't tried them with my AXOs; I wear First Gear street boots that are sturdy enough for fire-roading, but much more flexible than my MXers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts