Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer - I'm not endorsing the purchase of OEM parts from the link I'm providing below. I use it to find OEM Part Numbers (PN). I did a advanced search on the forum but didn't find this link so I hope I'm not being redundant.

I came across this sometime ago and thought I would post it for everyone to use. I find it pretty handy when I need to look up a particular PN if I need to discuss with my Kawasaki Dealer. Nice to have a PN to give them instead of relying on the Parts Counter Person "all" the time. Hope it helps. You can actually look up OEM PNs for several different motorcycles if you wish. The link below will take you to the Kawasaki PartsHouse page.

The link: Babbittsonline

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Useful info, Kbear!

Kawasaki, as well as other vendors besides Babbit, have exploded parts diagrams and parts lists on the 'Net. Sometimes, more useful than a service manual in repair and maintenance.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
Kawasaki Motors Corp, USA was one of the 1st motorcycle companies to go on-line, (in the mid 1980s for dealers only). IIRC. https://www.kawasaki.com/

Go to "Owner Center" in upper RH. The 'Drop Down menu' then gives several choices.

In "PARTS" one can enter their VIN if they Don't know their Exact model number & year and will be able to get EXACTLY the Right color of body part numbers. Instead of 'multiple choice'. https://www.kawasaki.com/parts?cm_re=GLOBALNAV-_-OWNERCENTER-_-PARTS

The thing I like most about Babbits site is that it has the part # search feature, Down in the lower right corner, similar to what the K Dealers have!
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/c/kawasaki_motorcycle/parts

Reactions: KBear

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the other information regarding parts diagrams. I like the fact that the Kawasaki website has PDF files you can download, very cool. Thanks again pdwestman.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the information! I use Bikebandit.com and Partzilla.com also. You can get aftermarket options from them too. But I really like having the part number when I call or stop at the dealer for parts. Instead of trying to explain what I need at the parts counter. Don't get me wrong, I have always gotten the correct parts that way, but having the part number when I walk in saves time for both the dealer and me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My local Kawasaki dealer (1 mile away!) has the parts list on their website. As a matter of fact, most of the dealers in the SW Michigan area have the parts list on their websites. And, as PD pointed out above, Kawasaki's website provides access to the parts list for motorcycles, ATVs, side by sides, and watercraft.

I buy all my parts at my local dealer. If they don't have it in stock, they have it next day most of the time.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
My local Kawasaki dealer (1 mile away!) has the parts list on their website. As a matter of fact, most of the dealers in the SW Michigan area have the parts list on their websites. And, as PD pointed out above, Kawasaki's website provides access to the parts list for motorcycles, ATVs, side by sides, and watercraft.

I buy all my parts at my local dealer. If they don't have it in stock, they have it next day most of the time.
R/L, you are Very Lucky to have a Kawasaki Parts Distribution Center very near your favorite dealership, in Grand Rapids MI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
R/L, you are Very Lucky to have a Kawasaki Parts Distribution Center very near your favorite dealership, in Grand Rapids MI.
PD, you are a little outdated!

Kawasaki Powersports parts distribution centers are in Kentucky and California. Grand Rapids, Mi is the HQ and parts center for the small engines division. I do find it a little strange that the Powersports division and small engines do not talk to each other. I wish they would, cause I'd get my engine parts for my John Deere garden tractor locally instead of driving 30 miles to the JD dealer!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts