Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a quick weekend trip to the East Bay area for a Family Reunion.
Spent the night in Williams and ran into a few bubs.
Helmet

Bike next day

Then rode over to Mark B (4)'s and spent the night. Next morning on his back deck, we watched the balloons were taking off.

Mark West Lodge

Some little back farm road.

Ate lunch here

While taking a few pictures of Mark West Lodge a CHP pulled up and motioned me over. She asked me if I was having any trouble, told her no that I was taking pictures. There was a car that I had pulled up behind. She ask me if it was my car. Take a moment to visualize this --- I had all my gear, helmet, jacket, gloves and pants on when she asked --- I told her no but it was my motorcycle. She looked at the bike then back at me and said "I guess that was a pretty dumb question huh" I told her yep pretty much then I went on my way.
I am getting to know my Triumph better, came into a 35 MPH turn, glanced at my GPS and I was doing 67, pretty kewl. 832.7 mile for the weekend.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yet another reason to be thankful for full face helmets. :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yet another reason to be thankful for full face helmets. :)

Yea no kidding. I always wonder how those riding in half helmets deal with it.
I got hit on the hand by a big bug (at about 60mph) and it hurt through my glove can't imagine it hitting my bare face!

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Great ride - Man you like to put on the miles...

We probably almost passed each other on the road. We go past the Mark West Lodge on our way up and back from Cobb in Lake County.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts