Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the doohickey on my 2013 KLR with 8000kms on it, the old one was still intact however I thought it would be a good idea to swap it for the Eagle Mike upgrade. I followed the Rocky Mountain video to replace it and I made sure I put every washer, bolt, woodruff key etc back in place. However after starting the bike, it makes a odd rattling/scratchy noise from the left side. The noise doesn’t change at higher/lower rpm however it becomes slightly more noticeable when leaning to the left (like on its kickstand). I’m wondering if anyone else has had the same issue and if it is safe to ride or if I can fix it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
I would normally describe the noise of a properly installed EM Doo-hickey with Torsion Spring as more of a 'schushing' sound.
May I suggest that you remove the 2 plastic plugs & use your 19mm socket to turn the engine CCW to TDC and then loosen & re-snug the Doo-hickey locking bolt. 70 INCH Pounds only.

I do all of my dis-assembly & re-assembly near TDC, where the woodruff key is easily visible & the weights are hanging 'neutrally'.
I install the outer cover completely before snugging the locking bolt, when I do this job. Did you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts