Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,573 Posts
It’s kind of hard to tell from the iPhone recording.

We’ve bounced around on topics but I don’t see anywhere in the messages whether you installed a new front sprocket so, let me ask again, did you install a brand new front sprocket?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes, I changed the front sprocket to a 16 tooth not sure If I like it better than the 15 tooth because i feel like it takes away from the smoothness of switching to the next gear.
What company chain do you ride? 106 link 520 with or without o-ring?

·
Premium Member
11,578 Posts
I think that I merely hear the 'sticky' chain assembly grease on a brand new sprocket.

DID, RK, EK or Renthal / 520-106L either O-ring or X-ring. I find the O-rings tougher in dirty environments.

I'm glad that a dog or kid didn't run-out in front of you. You must have tougher feet than me. (that wouldn't take much.)

Reactions: Jutes101

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Jutes, did changing the front sprocket make any difference in the noise? I tend to agree with Paul, it sounds fairly normal to me in your recording. One other thing to do: put the plastic sprocket cover back on. That will damp the noise somewhat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I’ll try putting the cover back on and I’ll let you know if it dampens it. The new front sprocket didn’t change the noises.

For the blinkers... How do you go about testing a specific wire? With a single tipped voltage meter pen or the double stick black/red one?

I have the Clymers bike Manuel but honestly it’s hard for me to read and pinpoint how to troubleshoot my blinker issue. It’s great for other things for the bike.

Thanks for your help guys, any knowledge is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Jutes, you need to use the two-lead meter. One probe goes into the socket for the orange wire and one goes to ground. You’re checking for 12 volts. Do you have a Clymer manual with the color-coded wiring diagram? If not, get one. You might also find a wiring diagram online somewhere.

Late edit: just noticed that you did say you have the Clymer manual.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.