Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for about the last eight years, four of which I spent researching the KLR and several other bikes like it. Last January I bought a 2014 KLR 650 NE (Roxanne). My wife named her since it's close to Rocks, Sand. When I parked her in June for my deployment she was just shy of 3000 miles. I'm looking forward to getting back home so I can ride some more.

So far I have added Barkbuster and SW Motech crash bars. Both of which became a priority after I dropped it in a patch of slick mud. Bar risers are in the mail now so I can install them when I get home. Other than that I just have to get some new tires installed since the stock rear is already worn down.

I love the KLR and it has been a great bike to learn on since I had never left the pavement prior to this bike.

John

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've been riding for about the last eight years, four of which I spent researching the KLR and several other bikes like it. Last January I bought a 2014 KLR 650 NE (Roxanne). My wife named her since it's close to Rocks, Sand. When I parked her in June for my deployment she was just shy of 3000 miles. I'm looking forward to getting back home so I can ride some more.

So far I have added Barkbuster and SW Motech crash bars. Both of which became a priority after I dropped it in a patch of slick mud. Bar risers are in the mail now so I can install them when I get home. Other than that I just have to get some new tires installed since the stock rear is already worn down.

I love the KLR and it has been a great bike to learn on since I had never left the pavement prior to this bike.

John
Do yourself a favor and upgrade from the plastic OEM piece of crap skid plate. I was able to pick up a Ricochet skid plate, and it's doing a great job so far!

Oh, and it's good to see another patient for this nut-hatch mental ward! We're all a bit on the loco-en-la-cabeza side about KLRs here, so you should fit right in!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do plan to pick up a skid plate within the next couple of months. I've been looking at the JNS Engineering skid plate. I have installed the EM low profile oil plug within the first 100 miles of owning her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts