Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my name is Jamie, clever monicker, huh? I live at just about the most NW point in the US. A little town on the Straight of Jaun de Fuca called Port Angeles. Close enough to Canada to get 4 of their TV stations with an antennae!
Anyway, I'm a 39yo, luckily married father of 3. They're 6, 8 and 10. Two girls and a boy. I'm a Capt. at the fire dept., best job in the entire world!

I had an XR75 when I was a kid. A Yamaha 650 Maxim when I was 20 then the KLR this year. My son has a KLX 125 so I wanted a bike I could ride to work and chase him around on logging roads. More recently, I found a really nice Sherpa for my bride, Kim. Surprised her for our 12 anniversary

My ride is an 06 greeny (not the fast one, but the girls like the green better!)

I gotta say, I really enjoy hanging out with you all. I've learned a lot from some, ridden with a few and look forward to meeting others!
Jamie

Oh, here's me on a recent ride:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, Jamie, we still haven't heard anything from Kim...er, have we? I might've missed it!

PS I lived in Bellingham for a couple years, Coupeville for a few months. Beautiful area, but it was a little claustrophobic for a native N-central Montanan--too many trees! :wink: I've been back to visit a couple times.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pauli,
No, she hasn't been on yet. I get on here at work, but she has no such luxury. With our 3 little ones and all of the activities that follow, she's a busy girl. Works 3 days a week as well. I'll let her know you asked about her! I think she'd like this site much more than the last!
Jamie

·
Registered
25 Posts
JamieM said:
Thanks Pauli,
No, she hasn't been on yet. I get on here at work, but she has no such luxury. With our 3 little ones and all of the activities that follow, she's a busy girl. Works 3 days a week as well. I'll let her know you asked about her! I think she'd like this site much more than the last!
Jamie
Yeah, think how little time I could spend on here if it wasn't for WORK! :shock: Wow, she is busy! If I was her & found some spare time, I'd be on the bike instead of the computer. Please let her know we're not all biker chicks...any 'wimmen talk' is fair game in our section...obviously we all know who she is, the very lucky gal! If she says "Hi!" she'll have more replies than she knows what to do with. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts