Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am open to suggestions. Buying new bars is not out of the question, if that will help along with gal grips. Just need to know what works the best before I spend $$. Most of my riding will be highway and hard surface. Fill ed the O.E.M. handle bard with zinc shot. That helped a whole bunch.

Thia bike is a kick in the pants, I am going to love this thing. Only 200 miles on it, and I am hooked.

Please advise, thanks Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm using Progrip 714s. They are thick comfy and have not torn, used grip glue to install them. I put on Moose handguards, which stiffen the bars a bit, or at least change the resonant freq. Other than that I did the Balancer Lever Upgrade. This combo has effectively killed the major Buzz I had in the hands. And my mirrrors are fairly usable too. I've added 1" risers after that and it's still fine. All with the stock bars, no filling or anything.

I'll be adding Pro-Taper bars when I have a reason to.
TW

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed Pro Grips 737's right after I got my KLR (hated the stockers). 8k miles later and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
102 Posts
719's

I've had the ProGrip RVGS Gel 719's on my KLR for about 15,000 miles now. I'm real happy with them. They haven't ripped, in fact they don't look worn at all. I'm using the stock handlebars and I'm happy with the setup.
I have acerbis guards that bolt into the handle bar end, so the grip ends haven't hit the ground in any get-offs. A bad get off without guards and the grips are toast.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Re: 719's

DSjunky said:
I've had the ProGrip RVGS Gel 719's on my KLR for about 15,000 miles now. I'm real happy with them. They haven't ripped, in fact they don't look worn at all. I'm using the stock handlebars and I'm happy with the setup.
I have acerbis guards that bolt into the handle bar end, so the grip ends haven't hit the ground in any get-offs. A bad get off without guards and the grips are toast.
I could find 719's on the ProGrip page.

·
Registered
102 Posts
tomatocity: They are considered sportbike grips. Maybe they are discontinueing them?!?

They have them at cyclegear, and many other places..

(I couldn't get the link to work somehow...)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
DSjunky said:
tomatocity: They are considered sportbike grips. Maybe they are discontinueing them?!?

They have them at cyclegear, and many other places..

(I couldn't get the link to work somehow...)
I was looking on the Simple list and the 719's are listed at on the Dual list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts