Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hangin' and mudin' drywall in our bedroom and livingroom. Made a new walk in closet & pantry. Saw this coming and went to Lowes and bought supplies. Can't wait to sand drywall :(

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Physical therapy, spring cleaning, and sewing.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Learning to play guitar.

Reactions: Dan Diego

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Watching YouTube videos, of course.

I must admit, until today I never knew C-130's had landed on, and taken off from, aircraft carriers. I'm sure Jimmy Doolittle was impressed. I believe one of the aircraft modifications not discussed was incorporating a solid metal seat pan to avoid the standard seat fabric from being sucked up into the pilots' anal cavities upon landing and takeoff..............

·
Registered
174 Posts
In southern TX we aren't under lockdown, but bars and eating out is closed. SO, its wax the camper/home, waxed truck and cleaned inside, bike is going to get washed and waxed today. I did defrost camper freezer, and took all out of cupboards and took inventory. Got a gallon of WD40 at Ace hardware for $20, so being by the salt water, its on the list to give anything with signs of rust a spray, camper, bike, truck, mountain bike. Almost forgot, need to tune mountain bike and actually use it. Camper awning needs a coat of aerospace 303 protectant, and anything plastic, outside. This also makes me sit by bay and at home and read a book outside more, as I should be doing this anyway.
The KLR fits my rv needs more than The Harley, as I can put folding chair on back rack and go fishing/read book, and put inflatable kayak on back and go fishing. Put milk crate on back, and go to the store.
Gonna take a spin later and hunt for butter or heavy cream to make my own.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I will admit, being a long-suffering Chiefs fan all my life, I've pledged to watch the last 8 minutes of SuperBowl LIV at least 54 times and I will. I never get tired of it............

Just hope there's an NFL season this year!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife seems to come up with something every day for me to do. Fortunately she's still under the impression that the medical marijuana is just for my busted up body....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me and the lady bought an antique credenza to shave the paint off and stain
Made by Stanley only cost 45$ but they didn’t know what they had!
It’s a late 50’s piece of furniture that they ruined with latex paint.

That and I’ve been playing some Warcraft 3 custom games.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Well, you caught ME at the right time. Since the interior of the house was painted last fall, we're finally getting around to re hanging pictures (really ?!).

But seriously, I have a couple of mods to do to the KLR. The MCP carb kit will go in, once my friend has the carb in his hand, and I put it back in the bike.

The other item is the dash panel (items) you see in the picture below. I bough the lower dash kit, but have yet to populate it. The voltmeter will go in the middle. The USB outlets will go in the right panel socket, and the switch will go in the left.

Clearly, I will have to enlarge the holes in the dash panel to make these items fit. I also noticed that other than the voltmeter socket, the rest of those guys sit pretty deep. In a rough rest fit, it looks like they will clear lock-to-lock. But maybe I should remount the panel so that only the top 2 fork clamp bolts are used, even though it seems clearly designed to capture all four. Any thoughts on that?

EDIT:
I had to resize the pics to allow the site to accept them. In doing so, the pics are only a partial pic of the shots I took. But I think you guys can understand my concerns here. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
OK, this staying at home thing is driving me nuts. AS, I fulltime travel In a camper. So, home is where I park it. Right now in Rockport TX, all beaches, boat ramps, docks are closed, bars, and eat in, closed.
Truck, camper, klr, mountain bike, all maintained, waxed, and ready to run. But, run where. Headed to my home town in Northern MN in 3 weeks I hope.
Its hard, as I am a 56 year old single guy, and only one UUMMMM, kinda, attractive single girl hear.
Im starting to talk to and name the little lizards.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Obviously a lot of motorcyclists are tired of being cooped up. I went for a ride today: figured if I didn't stop anywhere and interact with anybody I wasn't really violating the spirit of the "Stay At Home Order." There were motorcycles everywhere, more than I've ever seen around here at one time.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Due to a few cold snaps hereabouts, the kumquats are about a month and a half late this year. The extra time to ripen seems to have made them a bit sweeter, though. Sunday we took our first harvest of 10 pounds off of the tree. Today we turned 5 pounds of kumquats into 16 3/4 jars of kumquat marmalade.

The 3/4 jar was from the bottom of the pot and not filled enough to process, so we got to try it out with dinner. The 16 processed jars have to sit for 24 hours without being disturbed.

We had pumpkin soup and English muffins with the marmalade for dinner. It was mutually agreed to betwixt TLW and myself that this is the best batch we have ever made.

Five more pounds to do on Thursday and then another harvest in probably a month or so. We should get three dozen jars of marmalade, at least, before this crop is finished. That's about half of last year's production, but it will keep me in breakfast muffins for another year or so.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm an electrician so it's been pretty much business as usual since I'm deemed "essential". Not sure how I should feel about that, lol.
Sure enjoying the empty freeways. It's been like every day is Sunday morning, though I notice each day there's a bit more traffic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Learning that working at home sucks. but I am getting by with hobbies - Guitar, Lawn work, gourmet cooking / bbq, riding KLR and (gasp) I actually cleaned the bike. the rims were coated with goo. had it not been for a steady supply of cold beer flowing I dont know that I could have completed the task. the daily run with the dog keeps us both from going insane.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This whole thing has been a dream come true for me (ah, not the people getting sick part). I've gone in to the office three days in last three weeks. When I do go in, there are like five people there and no non- employees in the 15K square foot building. I'm too busy during my eight hour shift to get bored at home, and got the lawn mowed during lunch today. I go for days without leaving the house. So pumped, I never want to go back to "work". Wife is an "essential employee" so she's gone every weekday (key factor). Just me and the dogs.

Also feel very fortunate to still have a job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Strawberry Jam

Due to a few cold snaps hereabouts, the kumquats are about a month and a half late this year. The extra time to ripen seems to have made them a bit sweeter, though. Sunday we took our first harvest of 10 pounds off of the tree. Today we turned 5 pounds of kumquats into 16 3/4 jars of kumquat marmalade.

The 3/4 jar was from the bottom of the pot and not filled enough to process, so we got to try it out with dinner. The 16 processed jars have to sit for 24 hours without being disturbed.

We had pumpkin soup and English muffins with the marmalade for dinner. It was mutually agreed to betwixt TLW and myself that this is the best batch we have ever made.

Five more pounds to do on Thursday and then another harvest in probably a month or so. We should get three dozen jars of marmalade, at least, before this crop is finished. That's about half of last year's production, but it will keep me in breakfast muffins for another year or so.
We made our orange marmalade a few weeks ago and now onto strawberry jam.
Soon it will be plum jam.
Unusually we are able to grow rhubarb here in southern Spain, so we're into what we Brits refer to as 'rhubarb crumble and custard' :wink2:

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
The strawberries here have been very good but the price is still a bit too high to make jam out of them. We go through a couple of pounds a week as it is just eating them for breakfast.

The apricot tree is looking very good this year. If we can get a good crop off of it we'll be able to make an apricot jam. If not, perhaps we'll just preserve them.

Tangerines were a bust again this year. We had a decent first crop at the New Year, but we also have squirrels that like them. They usually manage to harvest the tangerines the day before we plan to. The little guys will eat half a tangerine and leave it on top of the fence for later. They also will eat half a fruit while leaving it on the tree.

If they get into my apricots this year the Sheridan Blue Streak is coming out and we'll have squirrel stew. Tim McMurray put that thing on steroids for me some 30 years ago. Them critters need to be afraid.

Reactions: Weav

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, it started with a valve clearance check…
That turned into an Eagle Mike 685 kit.
Then, thanks in large part to the rabbit hole that is Tom’s index, mission creep has set in and now the project looks like this (long in-drawn breath):

• Install 685 Kit
  • Extract broken cam bearing bolt
  • Order upgraded cam bearing bolts and new gaskets
  • Do the job pretty much all over again
  • Spend as much time reading about the MC Mod as working on the bike
  • Replace various hoses, tubes and misc. rubber bits
  • Pull left cover while waiting for parts
  • Verify prev. owner used torsion spring on the Doohickey
  • Verify prev. owner resolved deep hole issue
  • Verify prev. owner 's jetting, KLX needle kit & slide mods
  • Clean carb
  • Carb overflow tube - Tom
  • Carb Y vent mod
  • Replace intake boot phillips screws with SS socket heads
  • Pull right cover
  • Clean oil screen - Tom
  • Oil pressure mods #1 and #2 - PW & Tom
  • Replace melted rear master cylinder reservoir and cap from leaky, worn out Lexx MXE
  • Throw Lexx into recycling bin
  • Recondition stock muffler
  • Fab heat shields for coolant bottle and air box - Tom
  • Devise airbox drain tube heat shield
  • Clean gas cap vent
  • Straighten fairing mount from downhill tumble into cactus
  • Tighten steering head bearings
  • Service chain, oil, air filters
  • Upgrade front brake switch - Tom
  • Snorkelectomy

Still waiting for parts so this list could grow...In fact, I was looking at my footpegs...TOM

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
The strawberries here have been very good but the price is still a bit too high to make jam out of them. We go through a couple of pounds a week as it is just eating them for breakfast.

The apricot tree is looking very good this year. If we can get a good crop off of it we'll be able to make an apricot jam. If not, perhaps we'll just preserve them.

Tangerines were a bust again this year. We had a decent first crop at the New Year, but we also have squirrels that like them. They usually manage to harvest the tangerines the day before we plan to. The little guys will eat half a tangerine and leave it on top of the fence for later. They also will eat half a fruit while leaving it on the tree.

If they get into my apricots this year the Sheridan Blue Streak is coming out and we'll have squirrel stew. Tim McMurray put that thing on steroids for me some 30 years ago. Them critters need to be afraid.
Shoot one, let it lay and keep still. Won't be long before the others start poking around to see what's going on. Might want to consider baked squirrel with a tangerine/apricot glaze........

1 - 20 of 81 Posts