Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us have a routine being constantly worked to engage the waitress and make her laugh. I find it makes for better service and more pleasant time. What are your favorites?

After the waitress has been by for the eleventy-seventh time to offer a coffee refill, I will stand to one side, place an arm around her shoulder and stand pondering. She will always view this procedure with a quizzical expression while I then sit down and say, "No thanks. No more coffee." .

She will always have to ask something like, "What's this about?". I explain that when I have had too much coffee it gives me an overwhelming desire to hug the waitress. :) Not too often it happens that they subsequently offer me more coffee but if that happens, I will begin to stand and she will rush off, laughing. Never had this taken other than with laughter. I'm always greeted with smiles the next visit. I've watched a waitress hiding her smile on a subsequent visit when in another waitress area. Might help that none of them could possibly take an advance from me seriously. ;-)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Put down the coffee and step away from the keyboard.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
My usual coffee shop line is "I'd like two large coffees and a table thermos full of coffee, please. And, when you get a chance, could I get some more coffee?"

In CA, putting your arm around a waitress will often cause litigation.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts