Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Christmas goodies add on to TTtractorgirl's KLR. Put on PMR rear side racks, a new Sargent seat, Skid plate, motech I think, Wolfman bag. Planned for the crash bars I have to build for it. And an Eagle Mike Fork brace.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
New oil and filter. Remembered to adjust the doo. Cleaned the chain. I was pretty cold by then, but the bike's happy.

Reactions: Cabrito

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Modified my Heated clothing hook-up

I picked up a chassis mount connector for my Gerbings jacket, and gloves.
Finally found a nice place to connect it to the bike. Easy to disconnect with one hand to get off the bike.
Used cable clamps to mount the panel to my SW Motech crash bars next to the fuel shut of.

The parts

Painted

Mounting assembly

P-Clamps

Finished location

The controller mounting

Overall layout

Reactions: klr4evr

·
Registered
541 Posts
Installed my Nomad Rider front guards today.

KLR 650 Crash Bars (08-2015)

I have a 2016 and called to confirm that they'd fit, which they did. They were $209.99 + $43.10 shipping for a total of $243.09. They weigh in at exactly 15 pounds. The bars are powder coated high-gloss black and the bar diameter is 1 1/8 inch (28.6mm). Their website says the bar thickness is 2.5 mm.

The bars have built in brackets for accessory lighting.

The lower fairings can be removed with the bars installed.

They come packaged like mummies and with the replacement hardware for each of the three points of install.

Install was simple. There were no instructions, but there is a thorough install vid on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lUC5KyY7j0

I studied nine different bars. The Nomads certainly weren't the cheapest, but the coverage area was a big reason I went with them.

The rear bars are DirtRack side bars that I reported on in post 2698 a couple pages back.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Bill10,
I can't hardly believe it, but that 'Digital Camo' bike of yours is starting to grow on me.
Maybe I/we ought to start hinting to Kawasaki to do a 'Digital Desert Tan Camo'?

Nice Looking Ride and well chosen mods.
What are you going to replace the plastic 'lower air dam' with?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Paul, didn't you mean to say, "With what are you going to replace the plastic 'lower air dam' ?

At your age it's not advisable to dangle your participle.

(Running for cover)

Bill10,
I can't hardly believe it, but that 'Digital Camo' bike of yours is starting to grow on me.
Maybe I/we ought to start hinting to Kawasaki to do a 'Digital Desert Tan Camo'?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pulled all three bikes out to run them up. Don't want them bad boys sitting for too long not having the fluids ran through them!

Ran through all the gears, shopping for crash bars, waiting on panniers in the mail, and dreaming of a long camping trip for the KLR....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bill10,

Grey, Tan and even Green. It could be the start of a whole new line of motorcycles. :smile2:

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Watch it, buddy.

Family forum...

Tom

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hahaha. I seriously did.

What an awesome way to find all the imperfections. scratches here and there. Anything loose is found.

For me, it's an awesome inspection for me to build a plan before riding season (It's -20C here today).

BUT.... I like the way you think.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I’ve got to hand it to UPS. We had the storm of storms yesterday for most of the day and they still pulled off some important deliveries by 9PM. Sometimes it rains so hard and so long that everything floods and no one can go anywhere. That’s what yesterday was like. Anyway, we run a mobile bicycle repair business and we had a bunch of parts scheduled for delivery and appointments for my son to install them/ make repairs this weekend. Glad they made it.

Also glad cuz the delivery included my Ricochet bash plate, Moose roll chart holder and a new D.I.D x-ring chain for my Versys.

Fedex was schedule to deliver fresh sprockets for my Versys, but they didn’t make it. No complaints; live today, deliver tomorrow. Although Fedex doesn’t deliver on weekends, so Monday. And Monday is MLK Day, so Tuesday. :wink2:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Last time I changed the oil, I overfilled. Not by much, but bike ran weird. So, today, put 3oz of Seafoam in the case and the rest of the can in the gas. Ran the bike for 5 minutes. Dumped the oil. New oil, adjusted the doo, cleaned the chain, checked air pressure.

Made sure I have gas. Forgot to check last weekend and had to switch to reserve in high winds on the bridge. :surprise:

Bike sounds nice. :character00201:

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Bill10,
I have bought two of those Ricochet skid plates. The first I paid the extra for the black anodizing, the second I just painted black myself! Black BBQ paint worked well. :)
JJ

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Pulled it apart.

Going to do some Power Socket installation. Decided to remove tank, front & side fairings to re-do some wiring I did over time. Just trying to clean up the routing of wires a little.
While it's apart, I'll give all harnesses a good inspection for any danger points.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bill10,
I have bought two of those Ricochet skid plates. The first I paid the extra for the black anodizing, the second I just painted black myself! Black BBQ paint worked well. :)
JJ
Installed the Ricochet bash plate yesterday. Nice plate but it's fitting seems a little wonky. It’s adjusted as far left as I can get it (maintaining protection underneath) but seems too close to the left engine case. See pics below. Is that the way yours is situated?

1 - 20 of 595 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.