Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will be first to do something to their KLR in 2017??

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll start this one up.., so for Xmas my son gave me a RAM mount for my cell👍👍. I have a 2012 KLR so today I finally got some time to play with the mount and charge the battery up.

Sender1,
design and fabricate

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Today

I looked at it, and then the fresh snow on my driveway. Wished for spring!!

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Yesterday, for the new year I pulled it out and started it. Washed it. Lubricated the chain.. Rode it around the block..

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Yesterday, for the new year I pulled it out and started it. Washed it. Lubricated the chain.. Rode it around the block..
Yeah, yeah. Even in Northern California it's usually rideable weather in winter. Was it cloudy Cabrito? Once around the block almost wasn't worth puttin' a helmet on for. ;)

I have another 4-5 inches of snow on the ground today and highs this week will be around 0f.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Wow! Almost 4 hours and no snide comments about my last posting!

Where is everybody!! ONLY Half of the USA is snow-bound!

What is your excuse?? :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
No snow here! I'm a happy boy. We've been getting rain, so the ground is soaked, but the roads are fine. The temps are hanging in the 40's-50's mostly. Haven't even needed to dig out the mighty Hippo Hands. :)

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
Wow! Almost 4 hours and no snide comments about my last posting!

Where is everybody!! ONLY Half of the USA is snow-bound!

What is your excuse?? :)
Sorry, Paul, I was out on the patio working on my tan.

tp0,

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cold and crappy here outside Chicago, but did manage to start stripping the bike for its makeover

Sender1,
design and fabricate

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Yeah, yeah. Even in Northern California it's usually rideable weather in winter. Was it cloudy Cabrito? Once around the block almost wasn't worth puttin' a helmet on for. ;)

I have another 4-5 inches of snow on the ground today and highs this week will be around 0f.
Haha! You're right, it almost wasn't worth it, but it was.. The poor KLR hasn't been getting much love lately. I was prepping my XR400 for Baja at the end of the month so when I had it out for a test ride I decided to pull out the KLR too..

·
Registered
529 Posts
I added an Eibach 600lb in spring The sad thing is that I still need raising links!!!
I've been researching lift links myself. Looots of lowering options, not much for lifting. I'll most likely be making my own...eventually.

Not to step on any toes, but there are a lot of lowering links on eBay for about a third of what the EM links cost. They are also much thicker. A little more persistence might turn up some $30 lift links ,too.

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
I had some raising links for a while. Found them in the bay. I think they were about $30. This was some time ago, but they were available.

I think it was Dave Pelletier that had a table of link length vs suspension raise/drop.

edit: Oh, duh. He posted it in #38 of your confabulation thread.

Tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well I finally bit the bullet and called up Cogent Dynamics this morning. Ordered up the full deal, front ddc kit with adjustable preload fork caps and rear moab shock. Super excited to have a suspension that's built for me and not someone half my size. Which means I'll have a set of raising links up for sale in a couple weeks if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Update of my issue with the crashbars from the 2016 thread, but I decided to replace the Nomad Riders. Although Nomad was replacing the left side that has the fractured mount, I felt the right side was bent enough into the side panel to require replacement. If you recall from the 2016 thread, the right is the side it fell on giving rise to the whole gas leak, tank paint issue. In addition, still not knowing for sure why the left side guard fractured, I've been thinking that the shock of that fall in my garage on the right may have caused that fracture. Anyway, still haven't received the Nomad replacement, but RMATV got me a set of Tusk guards in a couple days and those are now installed. To my surprise, the Tusk weighed in at 16 pounds, one pound more than the much beefier Nomads.

On a side note, when I had the KLR650 at the dealer getting the new tank, I got to jonesing over a 2016 FZ-09 they had on the floor. Thinking I'll beef up the KLR (more aggressive tires like D606, gearing) for the rally season and then get a pure road bike as I don't have the V anymore. So I picked it up last week. :smile2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Shoveled snow.
Went to work.
Shoveled snow.
Watched the snow fall.
After lunch the wife called. I have another foot to shovel when I get home.
I shoveled yesterday to.
Looks like I'll be shoveling tomorrow to. Storm is staying till Thursday!
Anyone sensing a trend here?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shoveled snow.

Went to work.

Shoveled snow.

Watched the snow fall.

After lunch the wife called. I have another foot to shovel when I get home.

I shoveled yesterday to.

Looks like I'll be shoveling tomorrow to. Storm is staying till Thursday!

Anyone sensing a trend here?

Always look at the bright side... IMG_4160.JPG

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.