Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure Non-ABS
42 Posts
I drilled some holes in the windshield mount to adjust the windshield up another inch or so.
Musical instrument accessory Bicycle part Hood Grey Rim
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Piano Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Even though I've been riding with it already in the upper position, I found, for me, it still wasn't quite tall enough. Now the wind just barely hits the top of my helmet when riding.

I also rode 107 miles today to complete my 600 mile break in. I will be changing the oil for full synthetic and putting in a tusk low profile magnetic drain plug.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sports equipment Font Vehicle

Automotive tire Sports equipment Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll suggest that if the supplied washer with the TUSK drain plug is attached to the TUSK magnet you had best re-use your original Aluminum drain plug GASKET!!!!!!!
Maybe the knuckle-heads have corrected their ERROR? Maybe not yet?
I did not notice the washer sticking to the magnet, but I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't leak.

Be careful about using synthetic oil. Many here have experienced clutch slipping in wet clutches (not just KLRs) after switching to synthetic. Follow Kawi’s oil recommendations. The good news is, if you do switch to synthetic and your clutch starts slipping, switching back to 100% dead dino juice restores correct clutch operation.
Good to know. I am using Kawi oil.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ThermoBob 2, painted the 2022 camo hi-viz orange, added tach, added temp gauge, changed out crappy plastic dash clips for good ones, searched for a spot for my big bad max air horn up no avail. I got the wiring done and tested it, though. Engine temp torture test.

Any suggestions on where to hide a large air horn on the 2022? It's about the size of a hotel bible.
I also tried to mount up an air horn, yesterday, the Denali sound bomb. I also did not have any luck finding a place it fits. I will try again, and let you know if successful.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is your bike ABS equipped? Could that space be where the ABS assembly would sit on bikes so equipped?

I'll just guess that the Gen 3 bikes Do Not use exhaust air injection, because it would corrupt the O2 readings for the exhaust oxygen sensor required for proper EFI operation.
I have a NON- ABS model. I originally had the same thought, that it was possibly where the ABS system would be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the guilts, so just adjusted my headlights too. Is the Thermobob necessary in hot climates? to my understanding it’s mainly for cold climates, or do I have it back to front. I like the temp and tachometer gauges. Any reason you didn’t complete the trio and get the volt meter. Would there have been enough room for the three gauges?
From my understanding. The thermo-bob helps keep temps in a more ideal range for engine life and performance. Without it, the temps swing from hot to cool, enough in just normal riding, to cause the cylinder to warp, and change shape over time.

The thermo-bob kit came with the temp gauge for the 2022, I got the tach mostly to fill out the space. I'm sure if you spaced the other 2 gauges further apart, you would be able to fit a third between them. I already have a small volt indicator near the battery on the frame.

All of these parts were purchased from Tu at 3DCycleParts: https://3dcycleparts.com/Watt-Man-TB2A-TE-Thermo-Bob-&-Temp-Gauge-Kit-KLR650-2022-p391217842

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rolled my handlebars forward slightly, and modified my hand guards to work without hitting the dash at full lock, in the new position.

Then while doing that, my new top gun spring showed up, so I installed that. The bike feels so much better being properly sprung for my weight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Changed the windscreen mount on my gen 3. I put the top screw in the mount
, and set it on top of the bike side bracket, then put the lower screw through upper most screw hold in the bike side bracket. This raises the windscreen up 1 1/4" higher than the factory high setting, and adds some forward angle.

I also added some handlebar risers. Bike feels much better standing. I am 6' 1"

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.