Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Added reflectives to the asphalt camo today.

To each their own, but I would have preferred a Kawk green bike.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Break-in maintenance was completed today. Also rerouted some accessory wires.

Also helped a buddy troubleshoot his gen 1 carb issues.

I broke my windshield. Anyone know of any aftermarket windshields that fit the 2022?

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
ThermoBob 2, painted the 2022 camo hi-viz orange, added tach, added temp gauge, changed out crappy plastic dash clips for good ones, searched for a spot for my big bad max air horn up no avail. I got the wiring done and tested it, though. Engine temp torture test.

Any suggestions on where to hide a large air horn on the 2022? It's about the size of a hotel bible.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Did you use the kit from 3D Cycle? The one with the tach too? How was the install? Seriously considering this myself....not the Hi-Vis orange part though. LOL. The camo is growing on me now! I mounted up a nice Pelican look alike trunk myself...usually not a fan of trunks but this bike screams for one.
I got my Bob/tach/temp kit directly from Watt-Man. The whole thing probably took an hour or so (not including fairing removal/replacement), and I've been pretty satisfied with it. I'm a winter rider, so having the engine running at 195°F-ish is a boon worth obtaining outside of maintenance benefits.

Here's the short and skinny on the mod as I did it:
1. Remove old thermostat and replace with new one and bypass housing
2. Splice coolant hoses
3. Tighten up and attach system and test thoroughly

My bike happily sits between 185°F and 215°F now. Should be pretty easy if you follow the directions. There aren't a lot of parts and it's pretty straight forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.