Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
217 Posts
Thanks, Paul and Ranger. (Those are just the cases from Harbor Freight)

Wanted the mod a little “taller” so I just made some new brackets. If I decide not to keep the old ones and someone likes them I’ll post them later, just pay shipping

The black wedge looks perfectly fine to my eyes. Sort of like a 'racing stripe' on a car!

Still like the cases you are using for panniers, think they look nice on the KLR.
Updated taller wheat wacker mod

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
112 Posts
Nothing like a little camo duct tape to fix a shift lever spring! (does this officially make me a red neck?)

*edit lol, if I put red and neck together as one word it sensors it (*******) 🤣. If calling myself a ******* is really THAT offensive let me know and I’ll change my post.😂👍

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,544 Posts
Actually not today, but yesterday I scored some good bits and accessories cheap. $95 for a Gen1 front fender, rear fender, both side panels, cowling, an additional aftermarket front fender (Acerbis?). And a happy trails SU rear luggage frame.

The side panels and rear fender are primed in gray, but are green plastic underneath. Does anyone have a good way of getting the primer off the poly plastic?

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
The side panels and rear fender are primed in gray, but are green plastic underneath. Does anyone have a good way of getting the primer off the poly plastic?
I don't. But this could get interesting.

What are you gonna' do to the plastics after paint removal?

Maybe ought to start a separate thread, PeteK?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I’m probably not gonna mess with them unless I need to replace something on my 1998 model. Just asking in case I have to. Or unless someone wants to buy them from me.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Mine is pretty close to sea level. I doubt any part of the measured route is above 500 ft.

·
Registered
2018 KLR650
110 Posts
I was able to test the 16 tooth sprocket on offroad.
Went motocamping with my son over the weekend and road some dirt.
The sprocket sucked when having to go slow over technical trails.
I fell twice because I could not go slow enough!

No damage to me or bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up a used SW Motech skid plate off ebay for 110 bucks and mounted it today. Looks way better than the plastic one....

·
Registered
2002 Kawasaki KLR650 A16
28 Posts
Changed oil and filter, added an EM drain plug, and a HF Apache 3800 as a tail box.
Then went on a little 40 mile ride in the country side to get some air and make sure all was good.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
The radiator on my 2006 sprung a leak. I caused the issue by mistakingly installing the radiator guard behind that tab on the bottom. That lead to the guard rubbing against the radiator. I cleaned it up and sent it to Myler's for repair. They welded it promptly and while at it also fixed some of that compression damage on the right. It's back on the bike and working great.

Before...

After...

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
The radiator on my 2006 sprung a leak. I caused the issue by mistakingly installing the radiator guard behind that tab on the bottom.
The Gen 1 guard is supposed to be behind that lower 'hook'. But there are also supposed to be several rubber, 'U' shaped pieces glued to the perimeter of the guard to protect from vibration rub-thru.
Split 3/16" fuel hose could work.

I also use a 'blob' of RTV silicone on the tiny little upper mounting pin of the guard to the radiator hole to keep them from wearing off/out.

181 - 200 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.