Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Not sure what this bracket is originally for behind the coolant reservoir, but I removed it and it left the perfect spot to mount the Denali sound bomb air horn, turned 90 to the right.
Is your bike ABS equipped? Could that space be where the ABS assembly would sit on bikes so equipped?

On Gen2’s, that’s where an air valve was mounted for the exhaust air injection emissions control crap. It may be for the same reason in other markets, but isn’t used on US bikes.
I'll just guess that the Gen 3 bikes Do Not use exhaust air injection, because it would corrupt the O2 readings for the exhaust oxygen sensor required for proper EFI operation.

Reactions: PeteK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Put the bike together after replacing the fairings when they broke after the bike fell over. Took the time to fit a two way light bar using the denali fairing mount brackets and a few mods. Still waiting for the KLR dash to arrive so i can complete this and have the screen more upright and add the electrics i have planned.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure Non-ABS
19 Posts
Is your bike ABS equipped? Could that space be where the ABS assembly would sit on bikes so equipped?

I'll just guess that the Gen 3 bikes Do Not use exhaust air injection, because it would corrupt the O2 readings for the exhaust oxygen sensor required for proper EFI operation.
I have a NON- ABS model. I originally had the same thought, that it was possibly where the ABS system would be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thermobob, temp gauge, tach, and new mirrors on the 2022. I also (finally) adjusted my headlight.
View attachment 31195
View attachment 31196
View attachment 31197
I got the guilts, so just adjusted my headlights too. Is the Thermobob necessary in hot climates? to my understanding it’s mainly for cold climates, or do I have it back to front. I like the temp and tachometer gauges. Any reason you didn’t complete the trio and get the volt meter. Would there have been enough room for the three gauges?

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure Non-ABS
19 Posts
I got the guilts, so just adjusted my headlights too. Is the Thermobob necessary in hot climates? to my understanding it’s mainly for cold climates, or do I have it back to front. I like the temp and tachometer gauges. Any reason you didn’t complete the trio and get the volt meter. Would there have been enough room for the three gauges?
From my understanding. The thermo-bob helps keep temps in a more ideal range for engine life and performance. Without it, the temps swing from hot to cool, enough in just normal riding, to cause the cylinder to warp, and change shape over time.

The thermo-bob kit came with the temp gauge for the 2022, I got the tach mostly to fill out the space. I'm sure if you spaced the other 2 gauges further apart, you would be able to fit a third between them. I already have a small volt indicator near the battery on the frame.

All of these parts were purchased from Tu at 3DCycleParts: https://3dcycleparts.com/Watt-Man-TB2A-TE-Thermo-Bob-&-Temp-Gauge-Kit-KLR650-2022-p391217842

301 - 309 of 309 Posts