Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I was hoping for some engine vibration reduction, but it seems unchanged. However, no change makes sense if the OEM spring was intact and functioning properly, me thinks.
It is a big single, it is always going to vibrate some.

But I will ask, Is your drive chain TOO Tight? If so, it will cause excessive vibrations. Needs to be loose enough to lift the bottom run up to just touch the rear tip of the rubber underslider.

Are some of your engine mounts Not Tight Enough? If so, they will allow more vibrations to be felt.

Reactions: AzMtnThumper

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is a big single, it is always going to vibrate some.

But I will ask, Is your drive chain TOO Tight? If so, it will cause excessive vibrations. Needs to be loose enough to lift the bottom run up to just touch the rear tip of the rubber underslider.

Are some of your engine mounts Not Tight Enough? If so, they will allow more vibrations to be felt.
Thanks, @pdwestman. The chain has the proper looseness. I've not checked the engine mounts, though. That's a great suggestion and is now the next item on my list. Cheers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got an aluminum plate from SW-Motech for the rack. Used 4 bolts with fender washers and rubber washers for waterproofing. It's solid. Here's a pic.
Did you replace the OEM rack with the aluminum plate? Or sandwich the plate between the OEM rack and the box?

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I rode mine Up & back down our local dirt, forest mountain road (about 50 miles round trip). Up to an elevation of 9578 ft I think, my pic is too blurry. I was kinda' cold.

Tom Schmitz was included in my group text with a few pics. I think he knows how to 'share' them, if he sees this thread.

Reactions: AzMtnThumper

·
Registered
80 Posts
raised my pre-load from 1 to 2 , made try at adjusting the dampening but need to do a better job of it , raised tire pressures to 26 front and 24 rear from service manual recommendation of 21 in both , cleaned and lubed chain , topped fuel ,checked oil level , and did some cleaning and polishing . Reay to go exploring some mt. backcountry I haven't seen except on a map in the morning .

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure Non-ABS
42 Posts
Changed the windscreen mount on my gen 3. I put the top screw in the mount
, and set it on top of the bike side bracket, then put the lower screw through upper most screw hold in the bike side bracket. This raises the windscreen up 1 1/4" higher than the factory high setting, and adds some forward angle.

I also added some handlebar risers. Bike feels much better standing. I am 6' 1"

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle handlebar
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I put the top screw in the mount
, and set it on top of the bike side bracket, then put the lower screw through upper most screw hold in the bike side bracket.
The 'Simple, Cheap & FREE' route. The KLR way, to go!

Reactions: feenickz

·
Registered
80 Posts
Changed the windscreen mount on my gen 3. I put the top screw in the mount
, and set it on top of the bike side bracket, then put the lower screw through upper most screw hold in the bike side bracket. This raises the windscreen up 1 1/4" higher than the factory high setting, and adds some forward angle.

I also added some handlebar risers. Bike feels much better standing. I am 6' 1"

View attachment 32093 View attachment 32094 View attachment 32095 View attachment 32096
I like the ruger sticker . Looking for the right sticker for me in that location on my bike .

341 - 354 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.