Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

Registered
Piute Mountains in south central California. I鈥檓 located in Keene, Ca.
I had ridden up Jawbone Canyon Rd hit a bunch of snow and finally was able to get out Piute Mountain Rd. The KLR just motored thru it all.

Registered
2018 KLR 650 Camo
Put the new license plate on and a new set of larger pegs. Now it seems like I may need a longer gear shifter to get my toe under. Anyone know where I might find a longer shift lever? TIA for any help.

Premium Member
How big are you feet?

You might be a LOT better off installing a set of JNS Down & Back footrest mounting brackets.

Too many aftermarket wide footrests are actually Taller, as well as wider on both front & back sides. The Moose Racing 1/2" rearward off-set pegs are still taller than the oem pegs.

Registered
2018 KLR 650 Camo
I just ordered a Happy Trails +1 shifter with the round disc to keep falls from puncturing case. I'm going to try removing, straightening, raising and reinstalling the stock lever in the meantime. If it doesn't work, at least I've got a nice +1 on the way. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep the rearward peg angle in mind also. It was a good thing I decided to change the pegs today. The left peg bolts were loose enough to turn by hand!

Premium Member
2014.5 KLR650
Rode a couple of hours each way to drop a book off at my sister鈥檚 place ... lovely day.
Maybe Spring will be here soon ...
21B255E0-E8A2-4801-8581-F5BE08B78BA4.jpeg

Premium Member
It was a good thing I decided to change the pegs today. The left peg bolts were loose enough to turn by hand!
Had anyone been paid to perform Break-In Maintenance? If so, you might inquire about a refund.

Most people over-look most of that REALLY important part of that maintenance list, partly because it requires bodywork & fuel tank removal.
Check everything you can get your hands. It pays off in the long run. And you oughtta' re-check 'em all whenever you un-cover 'em.

Reactions: AzMtnThumper

Registered
2008 KLR650
Yesterday I got a couple packages in the mail.
Today I replaced the Doo with an EM. Torsion spring too. Changed the oil and filter while there.
I also lubed the throttle and clutch cables. And capped the garage day off with removing the AIS and installing the EM delete.
Tomorrow I'll go for a spin and then I'm going to install the Thermo-Bob that arrived today.
Thanks for all the help guys.
Cheers
Jerry

Registered
2018 klr650 5500 miles
took it 10 miles from my house to test all the new parts. Still too much snow >.< new gas tank, windsheild, and headlamp held up though! I also always love a new trackmaster k760 rear tire for 60$. I just have to make sure i get that skid plate on there though lol.
20210307_115346 bike.jpg

Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
Yesterday I got a couple packages in the mail.
Today I replaced the Doo with an EM. Torsion spring too. Changed the oil and filter while there.
I also lubed the throttle and clutch cables. And capped the garage day off with removing the AIS and installing the EM delete.
Tomorrow I'll go for a spin and then I'm going to install the Thermo-Bob that arrived today.
Thanks for all the help guys.
Cheers
Jerry View attachment 28716
Damn. A very productive day!

Premium Member
Replaced the switches and the USB charger on my lower dash.
If your volt meter is 'always on' it will dis-charge the battery! Or is it switched?

41 - 60 of 85 Posts