Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
101 Posts
Cleaned out carb jets. Trying to get rid of the rust and peel away Billy Bob’s paint job out of the gas tank so it won’t clog the carb.

Not planning on doing anything fancy like resealing or such. Just trying to make the fuel filters last a bit and fix some stuttering at cruise.

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
101 Posts
I wonder if some sort of stripper would work??? Otherwise looks like quite a project.
Yeah. It peels off easy, just hard to get very far back. Rather then make it a big project at the moment, I’m just going to just carry an extra filter and tools along until I get ambitious. It’s already better then what it was.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Today I put my lower dash on and being lazy I used my already installed power socket for the dash power, one day I’ll run the power back to the battery but for now it works just fine. Man I really need to clean that upper triple tree, yikes it’s dirty.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Need to add that my other Adventure mirror came today so now I have both on and now I’m debating if I should order the upper rally dash hmmmm.

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
137 Posts
Had some 3/16th thick ABS plastic and made a dash to hold my switches, meters, etc. 90 degree bend on bottom of panel, bending down, to hide wiring and keep it clean.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I changed oil in my KLR and adjusted the balancer chain.
While the drain plug was out I drilled it for a lock wire.
I put the plug in and torqued it to 180 in-lbs and lock wired it to
the skid plate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry about your back. Wish you luck with the sale.
Thank you. It's upper back so the unexpected migraines make it risky to ride for more than a few hours. I'm looking into trigger point injections. Wish me luck and by the way, thanks again for reaching out. Alan

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had double lung transplant, and have tried real hard not to let it ruin my love
for bikes. When I couldnt ride, it was a bummer. Do what you can, to get back
on that bike. My girl asked why it was so important. I told her, it was the only time
i felt freedom and just plain "cool".
I feel like a p****y wining about a back problem although it does give me frequent migraines. DOUBLE? How does that even work? "Would you mind not breathing while we take our your lungs"? I mean honestly, what a mind blower being told your lungs are going to be replaced. You seem to have the right attitude and the strength. Good for you. Alan

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,171 Posts
I drained and changed the brake fluid in the rear brake. Now I have fresh fluid in both brake systems. While I was in there...

...I took a thin piece of sheet aluminum and cut and bent it to create an extension of the heat shield under the air box, and used a couple dabs of Black silicone RTV to hold it in place. I shouldn’t have any future problems with melting the airbox from extended idling.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@alanwestport . I tried to artificially inflate your post count but couldn’t find a way to do it with this new forum software. Go ahead and post your ad in this thread and a Moderator will move it to the Marketplace.
Thank you so much for the offer. I wouldn't wan't to do anything that violate the rules of the site. I've only the local Craigslist ad so I hope that posting it is not a violation. If it is I'm happy to mofifiy the post to conform with KLRforums policies. Here it is. 2000 KLR 650 KLR650 with 2600 original miles and $3800 of mods -...

141 - 160 of 184 Posts