Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
142 Posts
Added the 3D cycle parts turn signal stalk delete to my front signals. I’m happy with them. One signal was a breeze, the other evidently had water seeping in and had a lot of corrosion. Kroil and a broken bulb (glass separated from corroded housing) later, all is buttoned up nicely

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am a bit worried about my future. I can go a month of beinging fine and then BAM, my neck muscles cause a migraine. I hate it.
They put a morphine pump in my lower back with a tube running up my spine with smaller tubes running to my nerve ends in my neck to help with my chronic neck pain, had me on fentanyl for a year which made me nothing more then a chair weight with little socializing, was a bad year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2022 New KLR update : My dealership/sales-guy called me yesterday afternoon to let me know that >currently< there is no ABS available on new models... as in: one of the many side-effects of all the different shortages is that most new model Kawasakis will not have ABS installed. I told him that was an unfortunate thing, but not a total heart breaker for me -> as long as all the other farkle I've ordered is available and installed when I pick-up my new KLR. Which was supposed to be this month, but now might be September o_O so yeah, that's my KLR news-update !!! TGIF y'all !!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
They put a morphine pump in my lower back with a tube running up my spine with smaller tubes running to my nerve ends in my neck to help with my chronic neck pain, had me on fentanyl for a year which made me nothing more then a chair weight with little socializing, was a bad year.
Wow! Is the new method helping with the pain? I sure hope so. Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Oil change, oil filter change, and air filter change - performed the maintenance trifecta in preparation for a trip to beautifully desolate northwestern Colorado.
Are you going to Dinosaur National Monument? I hoping to get there later this summer. That area looks awesome to me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are you going to Dinosaur National Monument? I hoping to get there later this summer. That area looks awesome to me.
Yes - Although I'm really looking forward to soaking at the Hot Springs, Dinosaur NM is awesome in the most literal sense of the word and is one of my favorite "stomping grounds".

When you get to Dinosaur you really ought to see Harper's Corner, but you simply must take the dirt road down to Echo Park - it's a little challenging in spots, but it's a really beautiful 14 mile "road" down the canyon to the confluence of the Yampa & Green rivers (pictured below) - watch out if it's wet, as the bentonite soil turns into grease paint, and you won't get out for a few days. (You know what I mean...)

Besides Dinosaur NM, there's great camping and trail riding up towards Browns Park & Irish Canyon (north of US 40) and down towards Juniper Mountain & Maggie's Nipple (south of US 40), too.

Drop me a line when you plan your trip and I can offer some "locally-inspired" recommendations that will fit your budget; for example, the Museum of Northwest Colorado in Craig is really great, a super bargain, and a good place to hide from the hot midday sun.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes - Although I'm really looking forward to soaking at the Hot Springs, Dinosaur NM is awesome in the most literal sense of the word and is one of my favorite "stomping grounds".

When you get to Dinosaur you really ought to see Harper's Corner, but you simply must take the dirt road down to Echo Park - it's a little challenging in spots, but it's a really beautiful 14 mile "road" down the canyon to the confluence of the Yampa & Green rivers (pictured below) - watch out if it's wet, as the bentonite soil turns into grease paint, and you won't get out for a few days. (You know what I mean...)
View attachment 29865
Besides Dinosaur NM, there's great camping and trail riding up towards Browns Park & Irish Canyon (north of US 40) and down towards Juniper Mountain & Maggie's Nipple (south of US 40), too.

Drop me a line when you plan your trip and I can offer some "locally-inspired" recommendations that will fit your budget; for example, the Museum of Northwest Colorado in Craig is really great, a super bargain, and a good place to hide from the hot midday sun.
Sounds good! I'll send you a message, we're planning for last week of August/first week of September. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
142 Posts
Upgraded to 16 tooth front sprocket, KLX needle kit, holes added to air box, and one of those Amazon vibration sensing motorcycle alarms. Nothing new to say about the KLX kit, runs much better. They are right when you read on here that the .22 cent is a bandaid. Much, much smoother now, no surging or after-firing on decel and can shift sooner without rattling or engine struggling. Alarm is great too, for $15. Doesn’t go off when Atlanta city buses go by but will if someone even tries to pop open a latch on my HF “pelican” case panniers. If I’m in the city visiting my brother or girlfriend I’ll lift bike onto center stand, lock wheel and arm the alarm. It’s extremely loud and great at keeping an honest person honest and waking me up if anything sketchy goes on. I park in the back yard or behind a gate either way but unfortunately some of us know that that won’t stop someone determined.

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
110 Posts
Mounted a fire extinguisher to toolbox. I think I got an intermittent electrical problem, and recently took apart the carb, so I figure having one won’t hurt. Just in case.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts