Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did You Do To Your KLR Today - 2023??

38K views 560 replies 95 participants last post by  KevinK 
#1 ·
It's a new year, so we start a new thread. Who is doing something to their KLR today?

#307 ·
Let me know how it works, I started with my Garmin there but it shook the dash so much I moved it to the handle bars. But I didn’t have your super vibration damping setup 😉. Is that the Rally Dash?

Reactions: MN Willie
#309 ·
That’s what I have also

#310 ·
I have to say after going around the block the phone quadlock on the bars was less vibragions than the garmin. Since my phone goes in my pocket on trips I could move garmin to handlebars. But then i have 4 holes in dash that i guess i cover up with some ridiculous decal.

#311 ·
I had some flat aluminum stock laying around and made a new one. Black RTV works well for disguising the holes
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

#312 ·
Today I bought a motorcycle lift .... and getting ready to lower the bike 2 inch with longer steel links. Didn't get far before starting to get dark. Before quiting, I decided to change the shock preload ... and in my ignorance I tried to loosen the adjuster bolt instead of twisting clockwise. Now I can't tighten it back up .... so as to be adjustable again. Any way to fix this problem?

#313 ·
Make sure you suspend the rear tire off the ground to unload the suspension.

If that doesn't work you may need to pull the shock off and reset the preload mechanism.

Best wishes

#315 ·
It was a beautiful morning here in East Central Illinois. I took my KLR for a spirited ride on the curvy roads in these parts, there's a 90 deg turn every mile or so!

#320 ·
I don’t typically rant & rave over farkles, but that Camel Adv 1 finger clutch is friggin AWESOME!
Just installed mine a couple weeks ago.

#324 ·
I have one! Installed it with only a few hundred miles on my 2022. Can't judge the "BEFORE" very well. I will say.... it's like BUTTER now (for a CABLE CLUTCH)!

Willie

#326 ·
New parts day! Comprehensive write up coming soon.

#327 ·
Cool Decal! Welcome to the KLR "Camel Toe Club"!

Willie

#330 ·
Not to change the subject too much, but I took my (AGM) battery out and threw it on the charger last night; starting voltage was around 12.8 - I brought it up to about 15 volts, and it's now at a very happy 13.2 volts. I'm doing my best to get a few more years out of this battery...

#334 ·
You’ll like the rally dash! I added the zero gravity windscreen (tallest one) to the rally dash and I love it.

#338 ·
I got home yesterday after an hour out on the KLR. I was checking the cycle over and found the low beam was out.
I could see the filament was floating around inside the bulb. Its a bit of a chore to replace a headlight bulb in a KLR.
Several years ago I found a 2 pack of Silverstar H7 bulbs in a second hand store for $2. They have been hanging on
the wall above my workbench ever since. It took me 20 minutes with the manual in hand to replace the bulb. I swapped
the original high beam bulb to the low beam and put the Silverstar in the high beam socket.

#343 ·
Tire Automotive tire Tread Font Gas

Best wishes and remember ride hard ride often for life is short.

#344 ·
Greasing steering head bearings today(after 22k). Gen1
Finger Gas Wood Office equipment Wrist

#345 ·
Be sure to check your muffler bearings for grease also. Be sure to use high temp grease tho🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
#347 · (Edited)
You guys are costing me a fortune. I’ve owned my Gen 1 KLR for a year and a half and have already spent twice the cost of the bike on accessories and upgrades. Now, I have the Camel ADV one finger clutch on order.

I did this mod the other day because the bike was leaned over too far after I installed the raising links. This was one of the the least expensive mods I've done to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.