Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a new year, well it was 11 days ago, so we start a new thread. Who is doing something to their KLR today?

·
Administrator
9,399 Posts
To clarify, this is not a thread about "What did you do to your 2022 KLR today?", it is about "What did you do to your KLR today in the year 2022?".

I tell ya, them damn new KLRs with the funny carburettors continue to be a PITA. They just make for trouble everywhere, but they ain't gittin' a special thread about how they were treated on any given day.

Fuel injected with a ee-lectronic brain and they still call it a KLR. I am dee-pressed...

·
Administrator
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clarify, this is not a thread about "What did you do to your 2022 KLR today?", it is about "What did you do to your KLR today in the year 2022?".
Good point. I see it happened already. Changed title so hope that fixes it.

I’m of the opinion that what the 2022 model KLR needs is it’s own forum. You get the impression that Kawasaki reinvented the wheel releasing a bike that is 95% like it’s counterpart’s. (I digress).

Reactions: ThumperBob

·
Registered
39 Posts
New rear tire, tube, and Antigravity lithium battery. Time for that OEM battery to retire. Chomping at the bit for a touch of warmer weather to go for the first ride of 2022...
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,548 Posts
Weather hasn’t been cooperative here so far this year, so I just rolled the 1998 and 2013 out of the garage, started them up, eased off the choke, and let them idle until the cooling fans cycled a few times. Also put some air in the front tire of the 2013. Then put them away for another month.

I hate waiting for good weather.☹

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
I glanced at my KLR's longingly and then sighed as I looked out at the 2' of snow in my yard.....does that count?

I've gotta get off my butt; I have a head pipe and silencer to install on my 2001 as well as another jet kit. No rush though, it'll be April before I can ride. :-(

Dave

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
84 Posts
I got out and rode again. It wasn't as nice today as it was yesterday but it was still good to get a ride in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rode my '08 (it's currently being loaned to my son) out to some OHV trails near his home in Utah - realized it was a little wetter than I thought. After about 100 yards of riding, spilled it over...and realized my son doesn't keep his chain tensioned appropriately...and then quickly realized he doesn't have a tool kit...:rolleyes:

I imposed on the hospitality of some friendly Utah SxS owners and got the chain put back on and called it a day. Went home and had a good little learning session with the boy on how to properly tension the chain. Really a pretty good day, all things considered!

·
Administrator
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The winter maintenance begins.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
2002 Kawasaki KLR650 A16
28 Posts
Finally put on my Christmas presents, dirtracks engine guards and ricochet skid plate,
Automotive tire Wood Material property Flooring Liquid

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Hood

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Metal Auto part

and did some things I had been wanting to do. Exhaust gaskets and a bigger heat shield under the air box.(Thanks Souperdoo and PDWestman)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts