Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seem tons of youtube videos showing some bleach to clean stainless steel headers. Harpin is the brand I think. There is something like that we can use? I just got 2008 stock header in the mail. Maybe just regular stainless steel polish is the best. I think Harpin is some ultra powerful cleanser so maybe regular bleach won't work. Mine has that heated look to it so maybe that won't go away.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Is this a KLR? I've owned two different KLR's for over 6 years and washed them maybe 3 times. Will a KLR still run if you polish it?
>:)

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Jeff,
I think that you will discover that the Gen 2 stainless steel header will return to that "Nice Golden hue" within 3 or 4 rides after cleaning and polishing, because of the heat. I like that golden hue. :)

Reactions: DPelletier

·
Registered
389 Posts
To clean Stainless Steel, or pretty much any corrosion, rust, etc. Get some Phosphoric Acid. It's usually in the Plumbing or Ceramic Tile sections of your local hardware store. You can also use stuff like CLR but its basically just diluted Phosphoric Acid. Dampen a rag with it wipe it on, give it a minute, agitate/rub it a bit if you like and then rinse it off. Used to use it on my sailboat. Applied at the industrial level with a paint brush LOL!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks guys. I'm gonna something before I put it on. It just came in the mail yesterday so while it's easy to handle I'll try. I love the nice stainless cover it has. That one is already super shiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts