Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you do in a year on bikes?

BMW K1200LT that I put about 15k a year.

Yamaha Roadster I put about 5k a year.

KLR 650 that I have had about 5 weeks and it has 2300 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
The KLR is the only motorcycle I own and I bought it after not having a motorcycle for about 8 years: last one I had was a Honda XR650L.

The first year I owned the KLR, I only put about 1,000 miles on it, but logged 4,800 this year when I started riding more and doing a 60-mile round trip commute to work. I figure average from now on will be about 6,000 miles a year or so. I don't take any long trips, just joyrides around the county and riding to work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I average 12,000 miles per year on my KLR, I ride 100 miles round trip for work, and make a couple of 5-600 mile trips in the summer.

Sent from my iPod touch using Motorcycle
Timothys687
More miles and smiles for all!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
12K on my BMW 1200GS
4K on my BMW R80
2K onmy BMW R65
5K on my Kawasaki KLR650
3K on my Honda Helix

And that's with a touch over a 7 month riding season.

·
Registered
65 Posts
almost 20k

20,000 on the KLR since new on 2 Feb
2k on the K75 or so this year
about 5k on the Silverwing this year

·
Registered
6 Posts
6-8k on my Honda Valkyrie
Just bought my 01 KLR friday and put 100 miles on it friday, unplated on dirt roads.
130-140k on a 06 Freightliner which prohibits my MC riding severly, but gotta make the bacon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2004 Honda Rune 5-6,000 per year
Bought my 09 KLR in Feb. and have close to 4,000 on it now. I am really enjoying the KLR, all those dirt and gravel roads I always wondered where they went, now I can kind out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
7-8000 on a V-Strom, 1000 on the KLR (little pavement). Strictly recreational, all within 300 miles of home. Planning to make some longer trips but it's hard to leave the other toys at home.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I spend most of my free time with my family. That coupled with my job makes for not nearly enough riding time.
*I average just under 3K/yr on the Busa
*a shade under 1K every year on my ATV
*I put a couple hundred miles on some of my vintage stuff this year
*Hard to tell with the KLR.. only had it a month or so. spent most of the time sorting it out and getting it to run right. I've put about 120 miles on it so far..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its nice see the different motorcycles you guy's ride and the milage that we all put on them every year.

I often thought about commuting to work on my bikes but since I do about
35k a year going to work I do not need them extra miles on my bikes.

Keep em coming guy's

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Its nice see the different motorcycles you guy's ride and the milage that we all put on them every year.

I often thought about commuting to work on my bikes but since I do about
35k a year going to work I do not need them extra miles on my bikes.

Keep em coming guy's
This is an interesting thread. 35K a year commuting? Man, I thought my 15K a year was bad!

·
Registered
75 Posts
About 25K a year on this since I bought it.....

8K or so on this......

6K on this......

Usually only 2K to 3K on the hack

This one gets neglected....its my first bike and I usually put 1K or less on it....just occasional rides to keep it limber for my son when he gets old enough....which is about 6 more years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts