Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2nd Gen KLRs are all the gauges lighting the same color. Is this a function of the semi transparent numbers/lines or the color of the bulb(s) in back of the gauges. Wanting to know if it’s only bulb color, why not put whatever color LED I’m place of OEM ( if possible). Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
What color(s) are the gauge lights in your automobile/truck, rodent64?

Ever thought about changing their bulbs to variously-colored LEDs?

-----------------

Down memory lane: Dodge automobiles, from about 1940 forward, had speedometers with lighting changing with miles-per-hour: As in, green up to 30 mph, yellow from 30 to 50 or 60, and . . . red to maximum speed.

Started with same year "Fluid Drive" (three-speed manual transmission with torque converter) was released, IIRC.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color(s) are the gauge lights in your automobile/truck, rodent64?

Ever thought about changing their bulbs to variously-colored LEDs?

-----------------

Down memory lane: Dodge automobiles, from about 1940 forward, had speedometers with lighting changing with miles-per-hour: As in, green up to 30 mph, yellow from 30 to 50 or 60, and . . . red to maximum speed.

Started with same year "Fluid Drive" (three-speed manual

transmission with torque converter) was released, IIRC.
????? My Toyota gauge needles / numbers/letters light up orange. My wife’s Jeep Red. I had a Suzuki that was blue at night. Let’s start over. What color are the Gen 2 dash light numbers,letters,needles at night ?. Are all Gen 2 KLRs the same color ? I know I can get different color LEDs. If the needles,letters,numbers are white, then they would light up what ever bulb color you install. So, if you look at your KLR gauges at night , what color do you see ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking back I guess this was a dumb question on my behalf, and I’m sorry if I came across as being arrogant. I haven’t bought the bike yet, so I was trying to get info ahead of time. I see the gauge letters/numbers are white on the 2gen models with black back ground. So -at night these are just lit up as white correct ? Has Kawasaki or anyone used colored bulbs ( regular or LEDs) to change this (red,blue,or green) ? The reason I’d like to know is after I buy myself a 2nd gen KLR I would like the gauges to light up green. I purchased a neat little unit/set that has digital voltage read out, 12v accessory plug, (2) USB ports, and a lit rocker switch, I selected the green color because -#1, I like the color, and #2,Kawasaki’s should be or have green on them somewhere.(IMHO). I will install these into the existing fairing or make an auxiliary dash panel. Everything lit up green would be trick looking (to me )-Hey, I’m old -but I like stuff to look cool/neat/factory like as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Dash colors

My 2002 Toyota Highlander has instrument lights that are almost impossible to see in day light. Cluster is recessed. Very dim lighting, even cranked up full bright. Radio dial, and odometer are LCD. I have to use a small flashlight to read them. Hardly any brilliance at all.
I don't know if this is unique to my car, or if all 2002's are same. YES! all bulbs are lighted, and uniform.
Great car otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been replacing my dash lights on my 2012 with blue LEDs as they burn out. I still have one white one in there. I think there are 3 total. Blue seems pretty nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts