Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Depends on what kind of seat you want.

If you want a good comfortable seat that's suited to off road riding, Go with Larryboy's suggestion.

If you want the ultimate in comfort, and money's no object, then call up Russell Day Long Saddles and have them make one for you.

They're not the prettiest seat on the block, but they're the absolute in comfort.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends on what kind of seat you want.

If you want a good comfortable seat that's suited to off road riding, Go with Larryboy's suggestion.

If you want the ultimate in comfort, and money's no object, then call up Russell Day Long Saddles and have them make one for you.

They're not the prettiest seat on the block, but they're the absolute in comfort.

Used a Russell on my 6k trip to the Arctic last month. first day was 820 miles.
Unbelievable comfort. Absolutely no limit to how long you can sit on one and be comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Used a Russell on my 6k trip to the Arctic last month. first day was 820 miles.
Unbelievable comfort. Absolutely no limit to how long you can sit on one and be comfortable.

They're not pretty, but you can't see the seat if you're always sitting on it. And you're always sitting on it because your butt doesn't hurt..:)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Russells look like someone grafted a Barcalounger onto the pig. I'd rather have a sore ass.

I guess that's up to you..
When I ride, I'd rather think about how much fun I'm having, rather than think about how much my ass hurts..

But I guess I'm more in tune with enjoying my ride, than worrying about what other people might think of how my bike looks..

:character00271:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think people forget that the seat can be swapped out in minutes. Just because you buy a nice long distance one doesn't mean you can't swap it out with the stock when you get back home.

However, this does look pretty silly. Not because what others think.... because what I would think of my bike.

After all these years, you would have thought the market was good enough to create a KLR650 model without those tampon wings.

What about these Gel seats at Dual Star? They look pretty nice, but is the Get really better?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I guess that's up to you..
When I ride, I'd rather think about how much fun I'm having, rather than think about how much my ass hurts..

But I guess I'm more in tune with enjoying my ride, than worrying about what other people might think of how my bike looks..

:character00271:

+100:16a:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love Corbin seats. I have one on all my bikes. My first thought was not good because it felt hard as a rock, But i put it on and went out for 350 mile ride and at the end of the day i was happy! So my Ducati and MeanStreak got the same treatment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have the Dual Star Gel seat kit on my bike ( upholster friend $20.00 installed ). Took about a 1,300 mile trip with it and concluded that it is only marginally better than the stock seat. Can stand about an hour on the stock maybe two at best with gel before squirming around.

Had a Russell day long made for my old Honda 750 took it Ca to NY & back 7,000 miles absolutely comfy!! Will eventually get one for the KLR :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts