Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i'm getting the urge for two wheels again and have narrowed my choices down to a 2010 KLR 650 or a 2010 Vstrom 650...... What to do ????
I sold my 2004 KLR650 about 6 months ago and although i missed it to start with, its on road manners were starting to wear me down a bit on longer rides, i have ridden 2 gen II klr's and found them to be everything the older bikes were and more despite what others have said on this forum. I havent ridden the weestrom yet but have sat on one and it seems like a goodun, so anyone with any help feel free to comment...... my thoughts are the KLR would be better offroad than the wee but again i havent ridden the wee ...
Thanks Ya:35a:

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
Ride the V-Strom and then you'll have to make up your own mind. My money in on the V considering your post.

·
Administrator
8,482 Posts
I'm with klr4ever - you sound like you want the occasional foray onto the dirt. The wee will do that. You sound like you want better road characteristics than the KLR. The wee will do that.

On a side note, I was over on another forum and heard the V-Strom 1000 referred to as the 'man strom'. thought it was funny.

Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The only other consideration is price, the wee in Australia is about $2000 more than the KLR which could be spent on farkle's..... will post if/ when i test a wee
thanks guy's

·
Lifetime Member
2,486 Posts
If your planning on riding mostly street, go for the Wee. If your planning on riding mostly gravel roads with forays off the beaten path, go for the KLR.
Easy huh? :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
While I would agree with everything said, I wonder if you are going to want to do your own wrenching. That would factor into the decision for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really haven't decided either way, i had an 04 KLR as i said and enjoyed it a lot, after riding a gen II for me it was a big improvement over my 04.... but i am throwing the wee into the mix coz i really like the idea of a more capable road bike than the klr but still want to be able to go pretty much anywhere i like , has anyone tried both and gone with the KLR? and if so why..... really want to make a choice that will last me at least 5 years before moving on again, just wanted to add i have owned over a dozen bikes and ridden everything from R1's to scooter's
Thanks guy's for your input

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does not sound like a bike problem but a rider problem......your just on the fence with your riding right now. Or your riding habits are changing and your in the middle of the road at the moment........

Kurt

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your right Kurt, i am probably still unsure as to which style of bike would best suit my needs, most of the bikes ive owned tend to be allrounders as i like to be able to do it all even though there isn't a bike out there capable of really doing it all, i know the KLR come's close but maybe the wee will come closer.... will throw a leg over a wee soon and tell you guy's what i reckon
Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts