Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys something a little different here, what year klr do you think is the best looking? If you have them post a pic?

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Although I ride an '09 Gen2, I would have to vote for the Dark Green (not Lime Green, "Forest Green" maybe?) Gen 1. I'm also not a fan of the newer Gen2 black engine and rims.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I really like the new 15-16 in Camo...

·
Registered
195 Posts
The first run of Gen 2 is my favorite, but the 2015 have the best decals.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Literally first day.
(2009 KL650E9F)
Completely thrilled that finally a black dirtbike was available and the fact
that I've had KLR pics on my walls since being a teen caused a major black-out.
Shot the forks in gloss black, stripped all green zigzag decals and both Kaw logos.

Then, over time, the batcycle evolved with more black stuff in gloss, flat, and satin
all with silver fasteners for contrast.

I too, like planalp, like the wheels silver but many parts fell to the rattle can.
Brake calipers, swingarm, header shield,engine (with silver fins and caps)
handlebars, rear master cylinder, etc, etc.

Love my bike as-is (mostly). Then, just to make oddball dirtbike bling, I ran the
orbital over the rotors and sprocket ending up at 1200 grit and a mirror polish. lol
An HD chrome trim strip from a bagger side case (dumpster diving piece) runs
2/3 the length of the trimmed front fender and stiffens the fender wonderfully.
Runs right down the center from under the headlite out nearly to the down bend.
I have the tailpiece from a bagger also as the outlet on the debaffled exhaust.

It's just what I like, and have come to love. The '09 was the perfect platform fer
the Cheapster.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mine is fugly, well I think they all are fugly, so won't post a pic here. If at all I do kinda favor the camo scheme.

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
I prefer the looks of the Gen1 compared to a Gen2 so I like any from 2000 - 2007 but my favorites are the dark green ones;

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 15 black & white my dad has a 11 the burnt orange and silver. I like his better than mine. My favorite is the gen 2 blue & white not sure what year it is. I'll try to post up some decent pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here's mine and my dad's bikes his is the 11 burnt orange. Bought it last week only had 1000 miles! Mine is a 15 model with 1700.. Lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like that orange.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Although I ride an '09 Gen2, I would have to vote for the Dark Green (not Lime Green, "Forest Green" maybe?) Gen 1. I'm also not a fan of the newer Gen2 black engine and rims.

Mine

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got the black rims on my 15'. I don't get it, aren't they just gonna get all marred up on the first tire change? I'll find out soon enough I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts