Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, small backstory. Been riding my 73 cb450 for a while. About to have a kid and decided I needed a more reliable ride. Also, I'm 6'1", 210. But I didn't want a "big" bike. After consulting some people and reading a lot I decided on the KLR. I ride only on the road. I commute on the bike. I absolutely love it, but I don't use it really as a dual purpose. Before I decided to buy an 08 I read a lot about the doohickey and the 'necessary mods' because I was going to buy used. I know the 08 addressed a lot of that. I am putting in a nautilus horn because the horn sucks...my Honda's 35 year old stock horn is way better. I will put gripsters or the like on it when the knobbies wear out. My question: is there anything that needs to be done to the 08? I'm thinking maybe the doohickey from what I've read. Any advice appreciated.

Oh, and I'm not a wrencher, so that aspect is not fun for me...I just like to ride. Point being...I'm not looking for things to do.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The side stand could be shortened an inch or so, to keep wind or ??? from accidentally knocking it over when parked. They sit too tall from the factory. Obviously the doo would be nice to change out, and I am sure there must be some guys around or near you that could help with it. Short of that some people like a nice extra tall windshield to help knock some of the wind off of them. A truck or side bags or tank bag if you need some storage room and capacity to carry stuff. Everything else is just fluff, not really needed, but nice to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts