Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Due to health issues I have to sell my beloved KLR. I'm seeking feedback from KLR experts what my bike is worth:

1-owner 1999 KLR 650, 17k miles. Very reliable and runs strong. Asking $xxxx. Changed oil & filter 3 times in first 1500 miles. Upgrades:

Larry Roseler Progressive fork springs, Happy Trails modified bash-plate with welded water pump protector, Happy Trails NorthWest luggage Rack, Givi E21 locking hard bags, Happy Trails radiator + reservoir guards, Big Cee head lamp guard, ProTaper aluminum handlebars (atv bend), titanium foot pegs, sub-frame bolts upgrade, Ascerbis disk brake guard & Rally Pro metal hand guards, Kawasaki rear brake cylinder guard, Dual star mirror mount (away from control cluster), fender mounted license plate w/LED lighting, braided front Brake line, Daystar fork boots, Emgo front/rear rim locks, Dunlop D606 rear Kenda K270 front w/ heavy duty inner tubes, Arrowhead Motorsports high-water carb vent kit, stripped kick stand safety switch, White Brothers shifter, Scott brake snake, Eagle Mike magnetic oil drain plug, Dual Star “locking” oil cap, safety wired gel grips, Self-locking swingarm adjuster nuts, Spare 20A main fuse, 10A headlamp fuses underneath seat, core remover valve stem cap

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Upgrades are always subjective. They are always worth more to the person who put them on than the person looking to buy. Best thing to do is check your local Craigslist and the like for what KLR's go for. I'm not in the USA, and you don't indicate your location, which makes a difference, but a 1999 KLR around here would probably be priced around $2500 depending on condition, which is also subjective.

Reactions: Back2Kawi

·
Registered
541 Posts
I did a stint in powersport sales and our sales manager never gave a nickel in trade value for accessories on trade-ins. He always stuck with the NADA used-mc range. Seems unfair, but I can tell you that the buying customers are generally unwilling to pay for accessories. Either they really don't want/need the accessory or to have to pay for it ... or they just don't want to pay for it and say they don't want it as part of their negotiation to get a cheaper price. They know we didn't want it! I've bought and sold a lot of motorcycles in private sales over the years and can tell you that it's pretty much the same in private sales. I think it's best to strip off what can be stripped off and sold separately. Then the NADA average retail on a 1999 KLR650 is $1,485. Initial asks on pre-2000 KLRs in my area are around $2000.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine was 2013, 5400 miles, 1 owner, with all guards crash guards and all... very clean, got it for $3400.

so they vary! good luck

im in the U.S california

1 - 4 of 4 Posts