Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all.. Water to Moonshine, what do you crave??

Me first!! Me first!! (so there, nyah)

Anyway, My favorites depend on the time of day.. Morning- strong coffee or tea.. Afternoon- not much.. Evening- a beer with a meal.. Nightcap- Brandy Old Fashioned Sweet... Seldom more than one, though..

And you??

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I drink pretty much tea and water and alcohol and that's it.

Hot day=beer
I'd rather have bourbon or good tequila most other times. Don't drink much anymore with the young'n. But yeah, I'll drink a gallon of unsweetened iced tea in a day easy.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Fresh cool charcoal filtered water or Spring fresh water, Orange juice, Peets coffee, Good Earth Original Tea, good beer, delicous wine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bushmill or Jamison ( Both are Irish whiskey ) Right now I am drinking Johnnie Walker Scotch on crushed ice. Can't stand mixed drinks. If you have to pour pop in it stick to beer. your not a drinker. I am not a beer drinker.I might drink 5 or 6 beers a year. Don't want to wreck my John Deer when I mow. It just tastes weak to me. I will drink water if you make coffee out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I like water, good water. Strong coffee made with good water (Folgers). We are fortunate to be on a good ground well here. For an adult beverage I keep coming back to Jim Beam. Was on a scotch kick for a while but got over it. I do like the occasional beer and Rolling Rock has been a favorite....no lite beers.

"I just read an article on the dangers of drinking. Scared the crap out of me. So that's it for me, after today....no more reading".

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
ha, nice. You had me for a second. And um...rolling rock is a light beer. :character00271: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
And um...rolling rock is a light beer. :character00271:
Well, yeah, I think it is called a pale ale or something. I meant the low cal low carb variety of "lite". I like the occasional dark beers, especially Guinness on tap. Tried the bottled Guinness...poison, just not the same.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I was just razzing ya man. ;) I drank a LOT of rolling rock when I lived in PA. Then I discovered Yuenglings. Doh.

KLR-ZIN and I took a ride a while back and stopped at a pub for a black and tan. It's on a route I take a lot, and got-durn does guinness taste good out of the tap. I usually end my ride with a nice pint, a stroll to the beach, and then back home. And you're right...out of the tap=good. Garbage any other way.

I like brown beers myself. Newcastle. Negra Modelo. Hmm...that gives me an idea. I'll be back in a slightly less coherent version of myself in a few hours gentlemen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
born in england , on a school trip to dublin ireland , aged 14 , we visited guiness brewery, sampled it , been drinking it ever since , I do like oregon,s micro brews. very nice .

·
Registered
15 Posts
I grew up in LATROBE PA, Rolling Rock was a fantastic beer, in both regular & Light variations. There also was a Rock Green Light variation, tasty but too light for me. I really miss a cold Rock, but alas the Godless A/B (Budweiser) people took it away. From what I understand it a similar recipe, but it won't be the same not smelling the guys brewing it across town. Now it is made in New Jersey ( but still says "from the glass lined tanks of old Latrobe...").

Anyway, coffee in the am, water thru the day, & Miller High Life (UAW made) or a Bass later.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I worked in western PA for a couple of months in the mid-70's. Headquartered out of Dubois. And learned about "Dubois Budweiser"-- a brand that pre-dated AB's Budweiser. Got a bottle of it around somewhere. I'm sure that AB gobbled them up long ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ice cold water for thirst. Strong black (mud) coffee in the am, strong black tea for relaxation in the evening and for the alcoholic type, 12 year old Irish Red Breast Whiskey and dark rum. Also like good wheat beers and many other whiskeys.:26::26:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bombay Blue Sapphire Gin (and only this gin, all others taste like pine needles) with Tonic Water and a squeeze of lime. Do not use Soda Water.

Did you know that Tonic Water has Quinine which was originally added by the English to combat Malaria? Great for takin' the KLR into the Jungle!

:29:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
George Dickel on the rocks, the OTHER Tennessee Whiskey ;-)

John (been to both distilleries a few times)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts