Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gears can you guys get them up? I am assuming that this is dependant on many things such as sprocket teeth. Weight of rider, tires, terrain, mods and etc.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I would recommend getting one-wheeled riding advice from the "Street Wolvez" but I don't think any of them hang out on this forum.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's not really at the top of my priorities. Something about dry sumping the motor and earning the status of a clown; I'd rather ride my bike.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hmmmm....?

Now we know where not to buy a KLR from......where ever those guys live! Also a hot spot for dry heads I'm sure!

But if wheelies are your thing.....they do have tallent!

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Hmmmm....?

Now we know where not to buy a KLR from......where ever those guys live! Also a hot spot for dry heads I'm sure!

But if wheelies are your thing.....they do have tallent!
They're riding in Brooklyn. There seem to be two factions there, both fond of the KLR for their type of riding, who make these videos and post them on YouTube, apparently trying to outdo each other. They all seem about the same to me.

I've wondered what effect riding for extended periods of time with the KLR in a near-vertical position would have on the circulation/effectiveness of the engine oil.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I have never done an intentional wheelie on the KLR. :60:

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
They probably are running 12 tooth front sprockets.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
A few years ago I tried a 13/47 gear ratio just for shits and giggles.....it was almost impossible to keep the front wheel down! It was truly stupid, you'd have to switch out of first within 15-20 feet...almost a trials bike! It wasn't on the bike long I can tell you......that was back when I had money to burn.....lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts